U of Mi Student, Dies After Consecutive 24 Hour Shifts at Bank of America

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
Harsh if he was weak he would have quit...he died man. He went beyond what his body could handle thats not weakness. The sad thing is there is no efficient model because the banks can't hire more people cuz it would lead to lots of n
Bankers doing nothing cuz you can't predict the work load due to it being a client service industry and your gunning for maybe just a few big deals a year worth millions each
They can certainly hire more people because at that level we're all getting paid salaries and we're not dealing with hourly wages. Based on company history and fiscal projections you can hire more people. If the transactional side at top law firms is busy then i-bankers at the top are definitely busy and capable of hiring more people. They simply choose not to.

Last edited:

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
I'm tired and lazy, but a lot of this is false bro. They're not making that in the summer. That's the equivalent to 3 Gs a week and that just isn't happening for a college student. Also those type of bonuses do not happen until you've been around awhile and most often that is after you go back and get your MBA. You've been lied to.

If you can't clear a g a week you lost at life

MR. SNIFLES

**** YOU THUNDAAAAAAAAAAH
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
THUNDER BUDDIES
I bet he didnt bank on that

tumblr_mg6pseSpfG1rz5foro1_500.gif

I'M STEALING THE shyt OUT OF THIS GIF :laff:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Where I work people consistently work 16 hour days 7 days a week doing actual LABOR (making 25/hr mind you). Sounds like this guy was just out of shape or had health issues.

16 hrs a day x 7 days a week = 112 hrs for you God damn retards...

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Where I work people consistently work 16 hour days 7 days a week doing actual LABOR (making 25/hr mind you). Sounds like this guy was just out of shape or had health issues.

16 hrs a day x 7 days a week = 112 hrs for you God damn retards...
Where do you work?

flusterose

dat dere chocolate
Daps
Reppin
Black Gay Capital
Damn that sucks. I'm guessing they dont have the type if labor laws we have in the US and also, im sure he signed a contract.
I hope they get the shyt sued out of them. How symbolic, though, that America's financial sector is literally killing our future labor force.
You mean the UK labor force?

:patrice: technically he was in London...
yup.
send me that damn link

:heh:

I :eat: pretty well, breh..

Anyways this sounds illegal..

https://www.gov.uk/maximum-weekly-working-hours/overview

he signed the contract

:manny:
yes he signed the contract. like others have stated, this is normal for I-bankers.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Where do you work?

At a manufacturing plant in the south. My mother and father both work there and two of my uncles are in management. My dad and 100's of other people there make more then the managers (100k+ a year) because of the pay and overtime.

Also when you hear about people who work there dying it is of heart attacks...go figure...

Reckless

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm tired and lazy, but a lot of this is false bro. They're not making that in the summer. That's the equivalent to 3 Gs a week and that just isn't happening for a college student. Also those type of bonuses do not happen until you've been around awhile and most often that is after you go back and get your MBA. You've been lied to.

no, i work in i-banking and those numbers are pretty spot on for a first/second year analyst right out of school. And as far as the hours, yea they suck. i typically work 10-10 on average. A bad day would be 9am till about 2-3am. Sometimes you get a couple of those in a row, but typically just once a week..if that. Its the weekends that pushed those hours way up. But it all depends on the projects you get. Lately, i've only worked one weekend a month.