Tyrese to play John Stewart????

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=114185
Tyrese Gibson 'Commits' To GREEN LANTERN Lobbying; Calls Out Fan-Favorite Contender Idris Elba

Just a couple days ago, one piece of Green Lantern fan art had visualized Tyrese Gibson as the character's John Stewart persona, and it essentially revealed the singer-turned-actor's interest in portraying the DC superhero on the big-screen. Today, the Transformers star has posted not one or two, but six additional fan art pieces to his Instagram with captions that further express his interest in the Emerald Crusader's cinematic reboot at Warner Bros.; Gibson even called out his potential competition.

"Loving this energy...., Idris [Elba] fall back I got this!" he said in one caption.

In another, Tyrese wrongly recited the Green Lantern oath before later reassuring that "I am fully committed to suiting up for this adventure."

Clearly, Gibson and some very talented artists are having fun with the potential casting, but who knows if lobbying on social media will actually land him the role in Justice League Part One on November 17, 2017, maybe Justice League Part Two on June 14, 2019, and in the standalone Green Lantern movie on June 19, 2020.

:mjlol:

But uh.. yea, about Idris. :sas1:

Can the timing work with that tho? :ohhh:

His contract expires after Thor 3...
Thor 3 is July 2017...
Justice League part 1 is Nov 2017...

I dunno how long it takes to shoot scenes but timeline seems like it could be kinda close.. and you know if there was any possibility marvel would do they damndest to c-block the transition with 'extra-scenes' or re-shoots :mjpls:.. but still :lupe:

dvdjamm

All Star
Daps
Reppin
California
I know I'm not the only one who thought Tyrese was gonna play the cac from the Daily Show. Had me like :wtf:

sjnclCb.jpg

flo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
this would be laughable casting. Dude is Tyrese, he's not sought after. Some fa(g)n just probably made him a photoshop and now he's gonna be one of those C level celebrities who sadly campaigns for a role.

They never work either. I don't know why they even try.

doesn't Hal Jordan have to exist and then quit for John Steward to come into the picture though?

I personally don't think it's going to happen, especially considering Cyborg is going to be in the JL films, one black person might be enough for them.

I wish I was the director tho, I would have cast the black chick from Spartacus as Wonder Woman just to make cacs mad

:banderas:

lesley-ann-brandt-lesley-ann-brandt-naevia-1410697939.jpg

She's not black, she's East Indian.

Last edited:

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
http://www.comicbookresources.com/a...r-green-lantern-hint-teases-sdcc-announcement

Earlier this week, major rumors emerged about Warner Bros. upcoming "Green Lantern" reboot and its place within their larger slate of DC Comics films. To sum it up, it's possible that "Green Lantern" will focus on both John Stewart and Hal Jordan and Warner Bros. might even announce who will play those roles during their Hall H presentation at San Diego Comic-Con. With "Green Lantern" on everyone's mind, ET asked "Fast and Furious" actor Tyrese Gibson about the fan campaign to get him in the green suit.

"There are certain things I can't speak on," said Tyrese. "But I will say, however this works out, it's definitely the fans' fault. I was at home minding my own business and fans start creating these fan-made videos of me as Green Lantern and I looked into it. I've been a fan of the Green Lantern. I took the oath, and I had a meeting at Warner Bros. and certain things were said and talked about. We'll just see what happens."

Tyrese isn't the only actor rumored for a Lantern role; recent "Green Lantern" rumors have Chris Pine pegged for Hal Jordan, which is a development that Tyrese seemed to be smoothly enthusiastic about. "Listen, these muscles are here and they're ready to be used," said Gibson. "There are lot of people, domestically and internationally, who's got love with your boy."

"I'm coming into this thing with some fans and some box office receipts behind my name and I say that proudly and humbly," he continued, referencing the worldwide success of this year's "Furious Seven." "I just think I deserve a shot at suiting up and becoming the Green Lantern."

So to sum it all up: fans launched an fan-art campaign to get Tyrese cast as John Stewart, Tyrese endorsed that fan campaign heartily, that campaign got him a meeting with Warner Bros. about an unknown -- possibly DC -- project, and he is one of the stars of the fourth most successful film of all time worldwide. If only we knew whether or not Gibson's heading to Comic-Con, where it's rumored that the WB will make their GL announcement.

"You never know," Tyrese answered when asked about attending SDCC. "I might be there on the other side of an announcement. You never know." Everyone, keep an eye out for Tyrese at San Diego! You can check out a piece of fan art featuring Pine and Tyrese Gibson as the Green Lanterns below.

On his IG:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Henry Cavill
Ben Affleck
Gal Gadot
Jason Momoa
Ezra Miller
Chris Pine
Tyrese Gibson

:patrice: We want these flicks to be good but this is a shaky roster of actors for the Justice League. Seriously, Suicide Squad has so past Bat vs Supes as far as anticipation.

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon
Henry Cavill
Ben Affleck
Gal Gadot
Jason Momoa
Ezra Miller
Chris Pine
Tyrese Gibson

:patrice: We want these flicks to be good but this is a shaky roster of actors for the Justice League. Seriously, Suicide Squad has so past Bat vs Supes as far as anticipation.
Villains >>>> heroes when it comes to "DC "comic book movies

Daps
Reppin
Continental U.S.
This is an L for WB if they really went and cast Tyrese. My dude plays the same character in every movie.
The loud dark skin ignant black guy there for comedic purposes. I str8 up hate Tyrese in movies when I look at how he portrays black people in huge franchises

Last edited: