Tyrant (FX Series/Official Thread)

Yung Yogurt

Culo Season
Daps
Reppin
Team Peakaboo
I'm more pissed about jamal (the gulliest character on the show) died in the first ep! What type of fucboy ass shyt is that tho

Yung Yogurt

Culo Season
Daps
Reppin
Team Peakaboo
Who else was rocking out with there cock out at the wedding dance scene? That shyt had me doing the A rab shuffle in my living room. Jamal starting busting his gat in the middle of the wedding :lawd:

dizzy4111

All Star
Daps

So bad, man. Such poor writing. The two kids were such poorly written characters they might as well not exist. The wife not understanding why her husband might have an issue with going back home is just ridiculous. Makes her look like the most clueless character I've seen in a long time.

Having the brother basically rape two women (on 3 separate occasions) in the first episode was such a desperate attempt to make him look like him look like the "crazy brother" it came off as lazy. And the bathhouse scene was just a tame Cronenberg move; they should have left it out.

I'm still gonna give it a chance because it's only pilot. We'll see how it goes. It just seems like these showrunners don't know what they wanna do with it? Do they want to make a by the numbers family drama set in the Middle East for some reason? Or do they actually want to comment on some significant real world issues right now. Hopefully it's the latter.

Yung Yogurt

Culo Season
Daps
Reppin
Team Peakaboo
So bad, man. Such poor writing. The two kids were such poorly written characters they might as well not exist. The wife not understanding why her husband might have an issue with going back home is just ridiculous. Makes her look like the most clueless character I've seen in a long time.

Having the brother basically rape two women (on 3 separate occasions) in the first episode was such a desperate attempt to make him look like him look like the "crazy brother" it came off as lazy. And the bathhouse scene was just a tame Cronenberg move; they should have left it out.

I'm still gonna give it a chance because it's only pilot. We'll see how it goes. It just seems like these showrunners don't know what they wanna do with it? Do they want to make a by the numbers family drama set in the Middle East for some reason? Or do they actually want to comment on some significant real world issues right now. Hopefully it's the latter.
OVERANALYZE 1 EPISODE BREHS

dizzy4111

All Star
Daps
i did! skimmed thru like 4 sentences of that garbage and called it a day. How u gonna talk about how poorly written 2 charcters are after 1 epidode though? Fukk outta here my nig

So I shouldn't post my thoughts until we're multiple episodes in? I conceded that it's only the pilot so I'm not judging it to harshly.

rantanamo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Is the moms a white European? Not dude's wife, but main character and Jamal's moms? Kept thinking she was either Persian or white European, which would add some insight to the main character.