Tyler Perry & Oprah shuckin n jivin again!

Ronnie Lott

#49erGang
Daps
heres the thing: youre typical of the cats in here...

hypocrisy annoy me ...i know that 99% of the complainers in here bask in all kinds of ignorance that are way more harmful to our 'community'...

but then come in here and act like TP movies with his stereotypes are the whats bringing us down...

take this thread title for instance...then read thru damn near any other thread on this board and you'll see why my patience is thin with hypocrites....

because i know yall are full of shyt...

complaining about something that you admit...you wouldnt even watch is :mindblown: to me...

I get it man. You love and support Tyler Perry. You seriously have been goin hard defending this guy when he doesn't need your defense. I don't give a shyt about your patience

This is a message board where people express their opinions and thoughts on a thousand topics and Tyler Perry happens to be 1 of the thousand topics/subjects. Why cat u simply accept that and keep it movin. Is tyler perry payin you or somethin? Do u support the TP mvement?

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I get it man. You love and support Tyler Perry. You seriously have been goin hard defending this guy when he doesn't need your defense. I don't give a shyt about your patience. Relax man :whoa:

This is a message board where people express their opinions and thoughts on a thousand topics and Tyler Perry happens to be 1 of the thousand topics/subjects. Why cat u simply accept that and keep it movin. Is tyler perry payin you or somethin? Do u support the TP mvement?

i have no problem with TP...some of his stuff i like...so i dont :manny:

im married to a black woman...so i end up seeing all of his stuff...

i guarantee you that i could speak on his product, having seen it, better than most on here....

whats wrong with a cat that made himself from nothing into someone worth 200-300 million...i dont get the hate...and naw he doesnt pay me

and yea....i accept that yall feel the way you do...too bad you dont feel this way about other things in our community....:snooze:

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
Not only is the storyline c00ned...but this shyt (as usual) looks low-rate as fukk. Is this a fukking soap opera?

and they probably already have 50 episodes of it filmed and ready for syndication by season 2 like every other TP show. Then it'll be aired everyday on a local channel where you live.

:bryan:

every naysayer in this thread would all change face if they were getting residuals from this movie.
:rudy:
ppl will do alot of things for money to you know, EAT, feed their KIDS, have a roof over their head.....but does that make the product any different?

But given a fair situation, you wont see ppl like Denzel or Will Smith in TP flicks.

What makes this so much worse than Love & hiphop and all that other crap?

L&HH is a 'reality' show that doesnt claim to be artistic or creative. It is what it is.

A TV show should be held to a littel higher standard, ESPECIALLY if Oprah put her name on it.

Real sh*t. I did the :heh: and :snoop:

I can't believe Oprah is c/s this. She must need some low-rate sit-coms for her network to

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
nikkas sure give a lot of credit to shyt they claim not to like. Like I always ask fukk are y'all that have something to to say really doing besides complaining? Any show to counter TP something besides these same threads?

Malik

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV | Philly
I dont have the energy to put into words my disdain for Tyler Perry. From a business perspective, he's a genius for going from living out of his car to having 30,000 people going to his theater plays every week. Then turning that into a multi million dollar film company. I'm also appreciative for the fact that he does employ black actors; actors that wouldn't have jobs if it wasn't for Tyler Perry. But I can't rock with everything else he does, and I'll be here all day if I listed all the fukk shyt I can't stand about him :snoop:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxUJwJfcQaQ[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyvfVyV1eq0[/ame]

All we can do is support other directors. The movie "Luv" was good but, that shyt was in theatres for like 3 days. No wonder it bombed. Good flick though. I'm going to see "Fruitvale Station" when it drops :manny:

SAJ!!

Straight Shooter
Supporter
Daps
Generations was WAY better than this bullshyt!!!!!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLjGfItqmp8[/ame]

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
I dont have the energy to put into words my disdain for Tyler Perry. From a business perspective, he's a genius for going from living out of his car to having 30,000 people going to his theater plays every week. Then turning that into a multi million dollar film company. I'm also appreciative for the fact that he does employ black actors; actors that wouldn't have jobs if it wasn't for Tyler Perry. But I can't rock with everything else he does, and I'll be here all day if I listed all the fukk shyt I can't stand about him :snoop:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxUJwJfcQaQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyvfVyV1eq0

All we can do is support other directors. The movie "Luv" was good but, that shyt was in theatres for like 3 days. No wonder it bombed. Good flick though. I'm going to see "Fruitvale Station" when it drops :manny:

I gotta check those out

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
Disgusting, but not surprising.

Sans the hair hat the main actress is beautiful though. Been watching her for years on..... >_> One Life To Live

MostReal

Bandage Hand Steph
Daps
i have no problem with TP...some of his stuff i like...so i dont :manny:

im married to a black woman...so i end up seeing all of his stuff...

i guarantee you that i could speak on his product, having seen it, better than most on here....

whats wrong with a cat that made himself from nothing into someone worth 200-300 million...i dont get the hate...and naw he doesnt pay me

and yea....i accept that yall feel the way you do...too bad you dont feel this way about other things in our community....:snooze:

Tyler Perry is no different than rappers like Lil Wayne (Emmitt Till comment) setting black people back for riches. :manny:

Disgusting, but not surprising.

Sans the hair hat the main actress is beautiful though. Been watching her for years on..... >_> One Life To Live

I've never seen this girl in anything, she very beautiful & its lovely seeing her complexion on TV in a leading role. Hate she's an evil woman on the show but my Gosh that red dress with those succulent breast. :noah:

Soundbwoy

Accept to take the L
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Montreal
i just watched the first episode shyt is trash from camera angles to the acting

daboywonder2002

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
minnesota
first people complain that tyler's movies make black people look bad. now its tyler is giving black actors and actresses stereotypical roles. so new jack city wasn't sterotypical?? boyz n the hood wasn't stereotypical? what about good times? every tv show isnt gonna be like the cosby show with a black dr and lawyer. and when someone does make a show with a well to do cast. the first thing people wanna say is oh they trying to be the cosbys. i thought house of payne was a great show. not full of negative stereotypes. but a lot of cats didnt support it. do i have a problem with some of tyler's work? sure, he could be more diverse in his movies. most of em have the same old format. im not sure if tyler writes everything himself or if he has a team. but he needs a better creative writing team if he does. yes tyler has a lane. but i wouldnt mind seeing him take some more risks as a writer/producer.

Colilluminati

TAMRON HALL STAN
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MiddleWest
he 9 p.m. airing delivered 1.77 million viewers (1.57 million of them women age 25-54). The second episode at 10 p.m. grew to 1.8 million viewers (1.67 million were women 25-54).

VIDEO: Summer TV 2013 preview

However, initial reviews for the series were not kind. OWN did not send the show out to critics prior to its premiere, mirroring Perry's policy of not allowing his films to be pre-screened for reviewers.

Brian Lowry of Variety called the show "claustrophobically cheap, not to mention poorly written and indifferently acted." He added that the show could potentially damage Winfrey's legacy of uplift and self-empowerment.

Mary McNamara of the Los Angeles Times was even more scathing, calling the show "so awful that the awfulness appears intentional. Except that might make it interesting, and it just isn't."

As far as not allowing critics to see the show before its premiere, McNamara wrote, "One can only assume OWN hoped to prevent us from rising en masse to prevent 'The Have and the Have Nots" from ever airing before staging intervention with Winfrey, who has apparently lost her mind."

:whoo:

OWN's 'The Haves and the Have Nots': Record ratings, brutal reviews - latimes.com