Tyler Perry & Oprah shuckin n jivin again!

KingDanz

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
And how his movie are somehow a disaster to the black community, and how he needs to be lynched :heh:.....the replies in this thread are funny

It ain't that serious :myspotnash:

His shows/movies are wack.....so I don't watch them. The end.

But other nikkas gettin' all extra with it in this thread

Tyler Perry is NOT that important to catch feelings like that over. He's just one man. There are plenty of black directors/producers who are making the shyt y'all would rather see by a black man......sounds like y'all mad because most of those nikkas aren't as successful/well-known as ya boy.....also, the fact that he's widely believed to be a sissy doesn't help, either

65270_finlay.gif

Tyler Perry reinforces black stereotypes, makes modern day minstrel shows, strengthens the negative global image of black people, promotes black dysfunction etc. Either that nikka is an agent or he's possessed by a c00n spirit. Also, u mad..

jbotm9msbzt0ew.png

Ronnie Lott

#49erGang
Daps
And how his movie are somehow a disaster to the black community, and how he needs to be lynched :heh:.....the replies in this thread are funny

It ain't that serious :myspotnash:

His shows/movies are wack.....so I don't watch them. The end.

But other nikkas gettin' all extra with it in this thread

Tyler Perry is NOT that important to catch feelings like that over. He's just one man. There are plenty of black directors/producers who are making the shyt y'all would rather see by a black man......sounds like y'all mad because most of those nikkas aren't as successful/well-known as ya boy.....also, the fact that he's widely believed to be a sissy doesn't help, either

65270_finlay.gif

Bruh, u are missing my point. Its not about me bein mad that other producers aren't as sucessful as Tyler Perry. Jealousy/envy and popularity are not the reasons why people dislike Tyler Perrys films.

The black folks that have issues with Tyler Perry have legitimate gripes about being represented as maids, sluts to white men and all the other koon type roles Tyler Perry puts out there. I'm just callin it how I see it man. There's not personal hate against Tyler Perry

BUT,Why do u feel the need to defend dude so hard, like u are really goin hard for this dude.

Metta World Movement

Peace and love...to all!!
Daps
Also, u mad..

jbotm9msbzt0ew.png

:shookrock:

It appears I've been challenged to a pointless circle of "u mad", started by someone who can't even explain what it is I'm supposed to allegedly be mad about......

challenge accepted :myspotnash:

352.gif

65270_finlay.gif

Bruh, u are missing my point. Its not about me bein mad that other producers aren't as sucessful as Tyler Perry. Jeolousy/envy and popularity are not the reasons why people dislike Tyler Perrys films.

The black folks that have issues with Tyler Perry have legitimate gripes about being represented as maids, sluts to white men and all the other koon type roles Tyler Perry puts out there. I'm just callin it how I see it man. Here's not personal hate against Tyler Perry

BUT,Why do u feel the need to defend dude so hard, like u are really goin hard for this dude.

Saying his movies are wack and that I don't watch them, is defending him?

I just don't get why nikkas act like his movies are gonna bring us back to civil rights era status or something. They're just stale movies and shows. It's just entertainment that SOME people like. 'c00n' roles or not.

To me, it's like watching someone be mad at someone else for making garbage horror movies. It's like, yeah the movies suck but why you takin' it so personally and acting like it has some real-world effect? Just don't watch it......seems like an overreaction to me :manny:

King Poetic

The D.O.G.( Disciple of God)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Executive Chair Of The West
SPIKE-LEE-MAD.gif

This couldn't be a show about a powerful black man running a country or state and trying to overcome the obstacles that lies in front of him from the lying politicans, the snake azz women or the deceit from people who he thought was allies...

we already have enough love and hip-hop and B.E.T. trash

KingDanz

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:shookrock:

It appears I've been challenged to a pointless circle of "u mad", started by someone who can't even explain what it is I'm supposed to allegedly be mad about......

challenge accepted :myspotnash:

352.gif

65270_finlay.gif
Why you defending him so hard? Your either white, homosexual or a black woman :ohhh:... I assume your a white man..
jbotm9msbzt0ew.png

am i right?

jbotm9msbzt0ew.png

Takerstani

Extraterrestrial
Supporter
Daps
:khallid: I wrote a commentary about this the other day on my FB. Lemme copy n paste..*

On One Life to Live Tika Sumpter played Layla Williamson. She had a career and a positive, mutually uplifting relationship with her sister on the show (which you don't always see portrayed), Evangeline . She had two meaningful relationships, one with a Black male character on the show and another with a Latino male. Her role started out small, adding depth/background to Evangeline's character, and the role continued to grow until she was a *much* more significant part of the show and a received bigger storylines.

Now, on a network owned by a Black woman (Oprah, OWN), and put together by a Black man (Tyler Perry) she is now being portrayed as a racist/sexist archetype, several actually. She's described in the description of the show as “evil” and plays a White man's paid whore. This man is her mother's boss, her mother being a maid on the show (you notice how much Oprah loves seeing us in these roles? The Butler, costarring Oprah W., coming in August) Sumpter's character is conniving, untrustworthy, and uses her sexuality to get what she wants. These aren't new behaviors, especially for soap operas and drama, but Perry/Winfrey cram as many negative traits and stereotypes as they can into her character. Soaps are known for lacking finesse in getting points/angles across; however, Perry/Winfrey have no concept of subtlety or developing a storyline/characters. It's unfortunate that people can be this successful yet still suffer these pervasive racial self esteem deficits.

Why did her character on a predominantly White show on a "White" network have more depth and dignity than her character on a show created by Tyler Perry on Oprah's network?

Strapped

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
did he explain why or if he sent his goons to manhandle that muscle bound sweet buff dude that called him out

Darts

Spittin' em
Daps
WTF is this some daytime soap opera or some shyt?

The Message

Lex with tv sets the minimum
Daps
Some cats kill me on some "Support TP just cuz he a black man doing it big. He's employing black folk. He's got his own studio. Ya'll just crabs in a barrel, etc" Same with the president. No in our community should be above criticism. That's one of the problems with us - anybody who criticizes one of our people who sit in positions of power is labeled a hater, c00n or tom. FOH. Like we cant demand better if we see things aint up to par or our standards aint being met. That keeps us stagnant. In TPs case, like Spike Lee said, we vote with our wallet. If I drop doe to see a TP flick or whoever for that matter, I at least want some quality shyt. Cats have valid criticisms of dude. Nobody tryin to shyt on him. I want to see the dude win. We just want our people to do better especially if he's going to "represent" us.

It's like that new fish joint in your neighborhood that opens up. Black owned. It's a good look. You want to show support, so you give it a try. You can smell it from the outside. You geeked. You go in - the service is TERRIBLE. The girl at the counter got an attitude. She's on the phone actin like YOU are interrupting her. haha The cook ice grillin the shyt out of you. lol You wait forever for your food. But nikka the orange roughy is bangin! And I say bangin. You overlook that service shyt because the food was good. One of your friends mention the spot to you and she said the service when she went was terrible too. haha Next you know it becomes that spot's reputation. Good ass food, but terrible service. People let the owner know but he aint trying to hear it and nothing changes. You want to support it still bc it's a black business and the food is good but you dont want to deal with that shyt.

Aint nothing wrong with being vocal and demanding more from what you spend your money on.

Steve Murray

#TeamZimmerman
Daps
Aint nothing wrong with being vocal and demanding more from what you spend your money on.

It's too bad most of the people who are vocal about Tyler Perry are the ones who never spent a dime on any of his shows or movies in the first place. :laugh:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
It's time for Tyler perry to use his pull and resources to enable other young black film makers to get their movies out on a bigger platform. I get it, TP only knows how to make one type of movie, why not start a collective and at least be the money/broker behind other types of films? Everyone is too selfish these days, things like the Harlem renaissance and conscious 70's soul movement came about because people weren't afraid of being a collective as well as an individual.