Tyla pleads the 5th about coloured Vs Black on the breakfast club. Her PR person jumps in.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Why are people so pressed about this? Not every country defines “black” the same, not sure why the internet is up in arms over her calling herself “colored” if that’s a racial designation in her country. Get off her dikk…one min they want everyone to be black the next they excommunicating mixed blacks, they can’t make up their mind either way so who cares what she is?

ajnapoleon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Don’t know her music only know her from this convo but this was a smart move by the PR team.

I totally agree with her not answering

It’s gonna be clipped and used to disrespect her and others

Tariq still gonna make a huge deal about it

There is nothing she could say to satisfy this cult movement now

Wild thing is if she said she was black that cult would say your not ados/FBA

If she said she is colored some will say your black why you hiding from it yet you want to benefit from BA

You can’t win now

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
so she one of those, i'm not black i'm something else type people?

People try to come up with their own definitions, but always seems to be defined in such a way to distinguish themselves from other black people.
Unnecessary, you can use your nationality to separate yourself from other black people if you feel that way.
As far as americans are concerned you fall into one of these 5 groups.
  • American Indian or Alaska Native.
  • Asian.
  • Black
  • Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander.
  • White.
But the old world has always taken a tribal approach over the racial one we do in the new world. Irish people weren't considered white back in the day.

Apprentice

RIP Doughboy Roc
Daps
Reppin
DMV
:yeshrug:The fact that this has been a discussed topic on social media before hand, her PR team failed her as they should have already prepared her to have answered this question or at least told TBC NOT to bring it up on air.
I mean they prepared that was her response

See how soon as he asked it she turned around before her agent or manager spoke

They not wit it, now we’ll see how the people respond

ajnapoleon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Why are people so pressed about this? Not every country defines “black” the same, not sure why the internet is up in arms over her calling herself “colored” if that’s a racial designation in her country. Get off her dikk…one min they want everyone to be black the next they excommunicating mixed blacks, they can’t make up their mind either way so who cares what she is?
It’s simple it’s a different way

Fish and chips are just fish and fries 🍟

It’s just how they do it over there

Why is that so hard to understand

When I enlisted in the army the guys from the mid west called soda the word pop

Guys in the south called it a cold drink or a coke even if it was a sprite

Freeze luv said he wore and dikkie suit in Brooklyn he thought he was fresh all Brooklyn cats said he dressed like a janitor or a super

Hope that makes sense on a lower level