Two beautiful black women with real natural long hair

Daps
Reppin
NULL
l always thought "natural" is the way it grows without extra treatment besides moisturizer or something. I didn't know you could straighten it & still be considered natural. I came in this thread hoping the girls would fit my definition.

As long as its your hair then its natural. I personally only got a problem with weaves. Women who straighten their hair either with heating irons or perms is fine. Gimme some straight hair over some unkept nappy hair any day of the week. However, my personal favorite is the soft curly hair mulatoo chicks got. Now that shyt gets a nikka sprung. :noah:

innocentdevil

:whoo:
Daps
Reppin
Cali
I'm Curiuos what kinda flat iron that is she's using in the second video? and ladies know? it looks even hotter than mine :wow:

maybe your flat iron isn't hot enough babe...which one do you use? also do you something to lock out the humidty(humectant)?

I use a maxiglide...the older one with the teeth plate and I use the chase comb method...I haven't tried a humectant before...I should try one on curly hair so I won't look like a raggedy poodle when I'm doing a wash and go lol :ohhh:

:laugh: @ This turning into a hair thread

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ooooh I can't. Do you see how long it took, and their curl pattern is pretty loose. My hair is natural but I keep it in braids 90% of the time. They're super cute though.

Anothergirl

Goat ™
Daps
I use a maxiglide...the older one with the teeth plate and I use the chase comb method...I haven't tried a humectant before...I should try one on curly hair so I won't look like a raggedy poodle when I'm doing a wash and go lol :ohhh:

:laugh: @ This turning into a hair thread
yeah humectant basically just any moisturizer\heat protect product that says "locks out humidty" or " anti-frizz". flat ironing w/o one = hair reverting the min you walk out the door. especially in a place that's really humid (houston :wow:) and yeah you can also use them on curly hair.

Elle Driver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
At the beginning of mean streets
As long as its your hair then its natural. I personally only got a problem with weaves. Women who straighten their hair either with heating irons or perms is fine. Gimme some straight hair over some unkept nappy hair any day of the week. However, my personal favorite is the soft curly hair mulatoo chicks got. Now that shyt gets a nikka sprung. :noah:

tumblr_inline_mr1013pe9t1qz4rgp.gif

innocentdevil

:whoo:
Daps
Reppin
Cali
yeah humectant basically just any moisturizer\heat protect product that says "locks out humidty" or " anti-frizz". flat ironing w/o one = hair reverting the min you walk out the door. especially in a place that's really humid (houston :wow:) and yeah you can also use them on curly hair.

I will look into this :yes: thank you

SiickCurllyGurl

Sophomore
Daps
Reppin
ATL
The most important thing in your regime is detangling, because it prepares you for your hair after it's washed. Maybe you're not using a good enough conditioner to detangle with. You gotta make sure it has enough slip, and to properly seal in the moisture (when it's wet add some oil to your hair, part it, and then squeeze it out).

It probably is detangling.... i try so hard but always feel like it's not detangled enough.... I don't really understand slip... i know it makes it easier for detangling but what is slip.. like i don't know how to compare the slipability ..

Token

Concerned Aunt
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Front Porch
I'm really slow when it comes to styling
disapointed.png
Can't straighten or do wash & go's. The only time my hair cooperates is when I do twist outs or braid outs.

*weeps in corner*

Last edited:

Elle Driver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
At the beginning of mean streets
It probably is detangling.... i try so hard but always feel like it's not detangled enough.... I don't really understand slip... i know it makes it easier for detangling but what is slip.. like i don't know how to compare the slipability ..

Slip is how slippery your conditioner is, the slipperier the better and the easier and faster it is to detangle. When your hair is wet and full of conditioner, that's when it's best to detangle your hair and it won't be so damaging if your conditioner is very very slippery.

Personally, I stopped doing that because of too much breakage (your hair when wet is very vulnerable) so I finger detangle using coconut oil. It also helped my hair stay longer rather than have balls of hair loss from detangling with a wide tooth comb.

Seea

rill rill
Daps
Reppin
Nope.

For example:

I use Hello Hydration to detangle. No other conditioner I've used over the years has given me the ease that HH has. As soon as I put it on my hair it softens and the comb moves like butter through it. That's slip.

I love Suave Almond & Shea Butter but only to co-wash. If I tried to use it to detangle I'd tear all my hair out, because it doesn't do any of what HH does.

SiickCurllyGurl

Sophomore
Daps
Reppin
ATL
For example:

I use Hello Hydration to detangle. No other conditioner I've used over the years has given me the ease that HH has. As soon as I put it on my hair it softens and the comb moves like butter through it. That's slip.

I love Suave Almond & Shea Butter but only to co-wash. If I tried to use it to detangle I'd tear all my hair out, because it doesn't do any of what HH does.
:ohhh: i think i understand now..hmm i'm going to try Hello Hydrations..thanks!

Token

Concerned Aunt
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Front Porch
Have you tried Bantu knots?

I love when you have mini twists :ohlawd:

Nope I haven't made a serious attempt at bantu knots. I've played around with them but It was pretty much me practicing. :ohhh: I might try to do them on my next wash. Thanks for the idea. I've been kinda bored with my styling lately :sad: Time to try new things.

Yes I loooooooooooooooovvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee mini twists too, cotdamn :noah: They just take so long to put up. Don't think I'll be doing another set until next month. Maybe.