Twitter will charge $20/month for a blue check. Team tasked with implementing it has until November 7th

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
KRFlh.gif

Fitting to use this weird thing called 'money" to let my presence be known :banderas:

DaddyFresh

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I mean doesn't it still? I feel like the majority of blue check marks were legit and there were a few outliers. I don't think this payment method is gonna keep the fake blue check marks from having a check mark but what it can do is keep struggling actors/musicians/journalist from not being able to pay that fee.
Ive seen spam/bot accounts impersonating celebrities to swindle their followers having blue check marks lol. shyt lost all status and value a long time go

Actually6Foot3

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
BKNY
Being verified on Twitter meant you were somebody. like an actor/actress, musician, journalist, singer, politician, etc. It's status and prestige...that blue check...
When everybody has it, it becomes meaningless.
Is it for just anybody? Or is it just that the “somebody's” will have to start paying?

Knowledge

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Being verified on Twitter meant you were somebody. like an actor/actress, musician, journalist, singer, politician, etc. It's status and prestige...that blue check...
When everybody has it, it becomes meaningless.
They got folks on there this very second whi aint none of those. A lot of nobody's got the blue check

DaddyFresh

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What percent of blue checks does he think will pay for this? I doubt this grosses any relevant value. The big brain idea to revamp twitter being charging for a check next to your name lol

50CentStan

Allahu Akbar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Ummah!
What percent of blue checks does he think will pay for this? I doubt this grosses any relevant value. The big brain idea to revamp twitter being charging for a check next to your name lol

Low self esteem people whos whole world and personality is defined by twitter and their twitter presence ce. Who gloat having a blue check but really be a low level nobody will absolutely pay to keep their fantasy world alive. Id say a majority of blue checks are them folks. People u never hear about outside of twitter.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Dude sounds like a complete idiot and I'm wondering if it's deliberate sabotage to remove certain people from the platform. The entire point of the bluecheck is to give celebs the ability to control whose content they see on twitter. If you have a blue check you only see tweets from other blue checks (unless you follow a non-blue check person). It allows them to avoid being buried in hundreds or thousands of tweets from people, responses etc.

boriquaking

In Sauce We Trust!
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Big Gete Star
I mean doesn't it still? I feel like the majority of blue check marks were legit and there were a few outliers. I don't think this payment method is gonna keep the fake blue check marks from having a check mark but what it can do is keep struggling actors/musicians/journalist from not being able to pay that fee.
No.