Twitter will charge $20/month for a blue check. Team tasked with implementing it has until November 7th

Daps
Reppin
NYC
Good thing I don't have this problem
h5eyQFe_d.webp

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
Being verified on Twitter meant you were somebody. like an actor/actress, musician, journalist, singer, politician, etc. It's status and prestige...that blue check...
When everybody has it, it becomes meaningless.
It usually means, your name on it if you make shyt up in sports. The last thing I want is fake Woj with a blue check

dh86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
There’s only 10-15% of people on there that makes all of the content and is worth anything on there. Good luck replacing any of them

Umoja

Veteran
Daps
Good. Most of the people with bluechecks are nobodies. When people see that the symbol is only worth $20 a month, it will go a long way in showing that they have not done anything remarkable.

JetFueledThoughts

Superstar
Daps
I mean doesn't it still? I feel like the majority of blue check marks were legit and there were a few outliers. I don't think this payment method is gonna keep the fake blue check marks from having a check mark but what it can do is keep struggling actors/musicians/journalist from not being able to pay that fee.

The amount of people who are ‘verified’ but are really just a no-name blogger or writer for some meaningless publication is kinda crazy.

I think that’s the point of this - identify who thinks their status as ‘verified’ justifies $240 per year, while at the same time exposing the brokies and starving journalists, who rely on Twitter for their ‘brand’ but actually use it to carry more influence than their worth, but aren’t actually able to pay $240 per year.

*disclaimer I think Musk is a lowkey racist piece of shyt masquerading as a libertarian. But this one thing does kinda make sense to me