Twisted Metal gets series order from writers of Deadpool & Zombieland, Premieres July 27th *NO SPOILERS*

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
Just finished the season and overall thought it was :ehh:. Hope it comes back for a S2, especially with what they set up in ep 10.

Biggest strength of the show for me is the relationship that develops between John/Quiet over the course of the season. Some well executed flashbacks and character moments. Also liked the crazy people they bump into, with Sweet Tooth of course being the highlight.

Neve Campbell still looking good. Especially without Ghostface chasing her.

Mackie has good big kid energy, which matches the role of John :skip:. Too bad Sony didn't have that rumored Twisted Metal revival dropping anytime soon, to coincide with the show.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
samoa-joe-wwe.gif
bro's voice would have been fine for the character too. they had to get Will Arnett, who is good, but man, you hear his voice 3 times a day if you see any commercials. not to mention all his popular voice work in animated stuff.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Just finished…this show is really really good, and the set of for season 2 :banderas: :banderas:
I hope we get another season

Breh, im praying….i swear im gonna start one of those petition.org joints if they don’t come through

I actually think theres a better chance of a renewal on a network like peacock. This service needs all the positive word of mouth it can get and so far twisted metal seems like a sleeper hit. If it were on netflix or hbo getting these kinds of views I’d be more worried

the elastic

livin' outside of the matrix
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the bay/norcal
So was the problem all along that Video Games should be made into TV shows and not into movies?

Or is it simply the fact that the writers, directors and actors of today actually have experience playing video games?

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
So was the problem all along that Video Games should be made into TV shows and not into movies?

Or is it simply the fact that the writers, directors and actors of today actually have experience playing video games?

Increased investment in gaming and in the movies. For example, Nintendo investing in their own 3d animation studio and putting over 100m into Mario.

Sony creating a new division specifically design to adapt their video game IP’s and installing some of the staff from the game studios into movie production. Gaming during the 90’s and early 2000’s was still a little niche compared to what it is now but the increase in market size comes with more money for multimedia spinoffs