Twelve Monkeys just f*cked my head all the way up

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Primer (warning this shyt requires repeat viewings to understand how the box works)

N%2527s+Timeline.jpg

:mjlol:

It's funny a movie like "Looper" drops, and everyone talks about how unrealistic the time traveling is...."Primer" dropped 10 years ago and nobody watched it.

Fred.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
October 16

Arrow Remastered edition

TWELVE_MONKEYS_2D_BD_1200_US.jpg

3938238a-6f44-4cb0-8181-05f0e594c00f.jpg

THE FUTURE IS HISTORY

Following the commercial and critical success of The Fisher King, Terry Gilliam next feature would turn toscience fiction and a screenplay by Janet and David Peoples (Blade Runner, Unforgiven) inspired by Chris Marker’s classic short film La Jetée.

In 1996, a deadly virus is unleashed by a group calling themselves the Army of the Twelve Monkeys, destroying much of the world’s population and forcing survivors underground. In 2035, prisoner James Cole (Bruce Willis,Die Hard) is chosen to go back in time and help scientists in their search for a cure.

Featuring an Oscar-nominated turn by Brad Pitt (Fight Club) as mental patient Jeffrey Goines, Twelve Monkeys would become Gilliam’s most successful film and is now widely regarded as a sci-fi classic. Arrow Films are proud to present the film in a stunning new restoration.

SPECIAL EDITION CONTENTS

• Brand new restoration from a 4K scan of the original negative by Arrow Films, approved by director Terry Gilliam

• DTS 5.1 Master Audio

• Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard-of-hearing

• Audio commentary by Terry Gilliam and producer Charles Roven

• The Hamster Factor and Other Tales of Twelve Monkeys, feature-length making-of documentary by Keith Fulton and Louis Pepe (Lost in La Mancha)

• Extensive image galley

• Theatrical trailer

• More to be announced!

• Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Gary Pullin

FIRST PRESSING ONLY: Illustrated collector’s booklet featuring new writing on the film by Nathan Rabin and archive materials

Director: Terry Gilliam

Cast: Bruce Willis, Madeleine Stowe, Brad Pitt

Region: A

Genre: Science Fiction

Duration: 129 mins

Language: English

Subtitles: English SDH

Aspect Ratio: 1.85:1

Audio: 5.1

Colour

Discs: 1

Cat No: AV174

THE FUTURE IS HISTORY

Following the commercial and critical success of The Fisher King, Terry Gilliam next feature would turn toscience fiction and a screenplay by Janet and David Peoples (Blade Runner, Unforgiven) inspired by Chris Marker’s classic short film La Jetée.

In 1996, a deadly virus is unleashed by a group calling themselves the Army of the Twelve Monkeys, destroying much of the world’s population and forcing survivors underground. In 2035, prisoner James Cole (Bruce Willis,Die Hard) is chosen to go back in time and help scientists in their search for a cure.

Featuring an Oscar-nominated turn by Brad Pitt (Fight Club) as mental patient Jeffrey Goines, Twelve Monkeys would become Gilliam’s most successful film and is now widely regarded as a sci-fi classic. Arrow Films are proud to present the film in a stunning new restoration.

SPECIAL EDITION CONTENTS

• Brand new restoration from a 4K scan of the original negative by Arrow Films, approved by director Terry Gilliam

• DTS 5.1 Master Audio

• The Hamster Factor and Other Tales of Twelve Monkeys, feature-length making-of documentary by Keith Fulton and Louis Pepe (Lost in La Mancha)

• Extensive image galley

• Theatrical trailer

• More to be announced!

• Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Gary Pullin

FIRST PRESSING ONLY: Illustrated collector’s booklet featuring new writing on the film by Nathan Rabin and archive materials

Colour

Last edited:

EQ.

Mansur Brown - "Heiwa"
Daps
Reppin
Sunhymns
Came across this explanation of the ending on a sci-fi board makes sense to me.:ehh:You buying it?? :ohhh:

Hi there.
I have been wathcing this movie once or twice a year since it was released. Needless to tell, I have been speculating about the end quite a lot. Not through my genius but through some goodluck I stumbled on the answer of what happens in the end. Yes I said the answer, since it came from Terry's mouth.

The Hamster factor is a short film , aka the making of twelve monkeys. This film is an extra on a rental DVD that I got my hands on. Somewhere during this sequence of raw and unmastered scenes, Terry gets in an argument with the producer: Terry wants the film to end in the Airport where Railly makes eye contact with young Cole. The producer says he wants the airplane scene with the confusing dialoque we all know so well.

In the end Terry agrees to end the film with the airplane scene followed by the crane shot in the parking area. Terry says something in the likes of : "Maybe it was a good idea. The viewers can know that Cole's death was not in vain, since he led miss Jones and her team to the virus"

I hope this concludes a very long thread!

Yup, that was what I took from the ending as well.

StraxStrax

I'm selling these fine leather jackets
Daps
12 Monkeys is one of the movies on my watchlist for over 10 years but sadly it did not live up to the hype. It's a decent movie but the buck stops there. Brad Pitt is teeeeeeeeeeeeeerrible in the movie, how he got his Oscar nom for this stuff is beyond me.

Also check out this new music video I directed

Last edited:

ThrobbingHood

Take from the b*tch, give to the whores.
Daps
Just seen the movie. Damn, what a mind fukk. But the way the ending has been explained in here… it makes total sense now.

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Daps
October 16

Arrow Remastered edition

TWELVE_MONKEYS_2D_BD_1200_US.jpg

3938238a-6f44-4cb0-8181-05f0e594c00f.jpg

THE FUTURE IS HISTORY

SPECIAL EDITION CONTENTS

• DTS 5.1 Master Audio

• Extensive image galley

• Theatrical trailer

• More to be announced!

Colour

THE FUTURE IS HISTORY

SPECIAL EDITION CONTENTS

• DTS 5.1 Master Audio

• Extensive image galley

• Theatrical trailer

• More to be announced!

Colour

Oh shyt!!

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Nah girl on the plane was just a coincidence. She didn't get sent back. That scene was just meant to show how the "scientists" of the future were regular *ss people in the past.
Who knew how to run time machines? They obviously wanted the origins to use the time machine to stop this thing. Then she says "I'm in insurance."

I mean I don't know.