Twelve Monkeys just f*cked my head all the way up

The 2020 New Member

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
:)
I hope you don't mind subtitles....I watch a lot of foreign shyt.

@flyry

"Oldboy" (Korean, drama....you might've already seen this)
"I Saw The Devil" (Korean, drama/thriller)
"New World" (Korean, crime saga)
"Stoker" (Korean, drama/thriller, American cast)
"The Man From Nowhere" (Korean, action)
"The Host" (Korean, horror)
"A Bittersweet Life" (Korean, crime saga)
"The Chaser" (Korean, drama)
"Confessions" (Japanese, drama)
"The Raid" 1 and 2....(Indonesian GOAT level action movies....I hope you see these already)
"High Tension" (French, horror)
"Inside" (French, horror)
"Martyrs" (French, horror)
"Audition" (Japanese, horror)

I could go on. "I Saw The Devil", "New World" and "The Raid" movies in particular are all :ohlawd:

Fred.

i loved Audition. I might put that on right now. :leon:

• Dap
Reactions: hex

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
love subtitled movies breh.. oldboy ive seen.. and host and raid 1 and 2 have been on my watch list..but ive' never heard of any of the others. i'll check em out

:dwillhuh::dahell::why:

You ain't see "The Raid" movies? They are seriously action movie GOAT contenders.

Watch those right now. Literally right now.

After that do "I Saw The Devil":

Then "New World"....my favorite movie of 2013....same writer as "I Saw The Devil":

Then "Stoker" by Park Chan-wook, the director of "Oldboy":

After that do whatever order you want.

Fred.

manyfaces

Superstar
Daps

@flyry

"The Raid" 1 and 2....(Indonesian GOAT level action movies....I hope you see these already)
"Audition" (Japanese, horror)

I could go on. "I Saw The Devil", "New World" and "The Raid" movies in particular are all :ohlawd:

Fred.
Preciate it. I've seen like 3 or 4 of those joints and familiar with some of the others. Looks like a good list for me to start on.

• Dap

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
[REC] (Spanish, horror, the U.S. remake "Quarantine" is based on)
"Pan's Labyrinth" (Spanish, fantasy/horror)
"Time Crimes" (Spanish, sci-fi)
"Cronos" (Spanish, horror)
"The Devil's Backbone" (Spanish, drama/horror)
"The Orphanage" (Spanish, horror)
"Trick R Treat" (U.S., horror anthology....think "Creepshow")
"Antichrist" (Danish horror/art film....watch at your own risk....it's fukked up....no, for real....)
"Children Of Men" (U.S., sci-fi)
"Funny Games" (U.S. drama/horror/art film....I prefer the 2007 remake, by the same director as the original)

shyt....I could do this all night. :manny:

Fred.

ghostwriterx

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Yeah
He was never meant to stop the virus just find out its origin , the call he made to the future went through and that's why ol girl was in the plane next to the dude

Nah girl on the plane was just a coincidence. She didn't get sent back. That scene was just meant to show how the "scientists" of the future were regular *ss people in the past.

Majestyx

Duck Season
Daps
Reppin
Los Scandalous
[REC] (Spanish, horror, the U.S. remake "Quarantine" is based on)
"Pan's Labyrinth" (Spanish, fantasy/horror)
"Time Crimes" (Spanish, sci-fi)
"Cronos" (Spanish, horror)
"The Devil's Backbone" (Spanish, drama/horror)
"The Orphanage" (Spanish, horror)
"Trick R Treat" (U.S., horror anthology....think "Creepshow")
"Antichrist" (Danish horror/art film....watch at your own risk....it's fukked up....no, for real....)
"Children Of Men" (U.S., sci-fi)
"Funny Games" (U.S. drama/horror/art film....I prefer the 2007 remake, by the same director as the original)

shyt....I could do this all night. :manny:

Fred.
i've pretty much seen every movie on both lists u put up and then some... but i'm gonna go out of my way and

:camby: antichrist. lars von trier is a fukk boy. i'll just add Skin I live in and timecrimes

Zardoz

mmmmmmmmmmlli
Daps
Good movie.
Thought it did the loop concept better than Looper and has my favourite Brad Pitt performance.

Brazil = overrated trash.

One of my favourite films. From the strange world and visions, to the main character being a creep, the bizarre casting (Robert De Niro as a plumber ninja, etc), and the "good" ending actually being lie. I loved it.

I still need to check out Zero Theorem, even if it's supposedly mediocre.

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Time Crimes is low key one of the best time travel movies along with Primer (warning this shyt requires repeat viewings to understand how the box works)

EQ.

Mansur Brown - "Heiwa"
Daps
Reppin
Sunhymns
Nah girl on the plane was just a coincidence. She didn't get sent back. That scene was just meant to show how the "scientists" of the future were regular *ss people in the past.

Hmmm, but wasn't ol boy 8 in the past? Ol girl in the plane looked the same ( i need to watch that scene again) i don't remeber seeing any signs of visible age changes. So if that was in fact her past self wouldn't she be younger? Also if this wasn't a Terry Gilliam flick , i would've accepted that it was a coincedence but dude has a history of showing the "system" winning/coming out on top in the end.

Young Bishop

Piff Poster
Daps
Reppin
Broward County

@flyry

"Audition" (Japanese, horror
)

Fred.

I always heard about these movies, I'm check out this weekend. Also the Movie Yellow Sea was great too

• Dap

ghostwriterx

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Hmmm, but wasn't ol boy 8 in the past? Ol girl in the plane looked the same ( i need to watch that scene again) i don't remeber seeing any signs of visible age changes. So if that was in fact her past self wouldn't she be younger? Also if this wasn't a Terry Gilliam flick , i would've accepted that it was a coincedence but dude has a history of showing the "system" winning/coming out on top in the end.

Good point... but how would people from the future even know about dude? Cole didn't contact the future after he realized who really started the plague right?

EQ.

Mansur Brown - "Heiwa"
Daps
Reppin
Sunhymns
Good point... but how would people from the future even know about dude? Cole didn't contact the future after he realized who really started the plague right?

So Cole made a phone call once he realized it wasn't Pitt's character who unleashed the virus, he left a voicemail for the people in the future to listen to. So once it was established that it wasn't the Pitt's character and in the fact it was the dude working in the lab, they sent back ol girl to study the virus in order for them to come up with a antidote in the future.

Steven_Realberg

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Glenarden,MD✈ K*Town,NC✈ LA,CA
Came across this explanation of the ending on a sci-fi board makes sense to me.:ehh:You buying it?? :ohhh:

Hi there.
I have been wathcing this movie once or twice a year since it was released. Needless to tell, I have been speculating about the end quite a lot. Not through my genius but through some goodluck I stumbled on the answer of what happens in the end. Yes I said the answer, since it came from Terry's mouth.

The Hamster factor is a short film , aka the making of twelve monkeys. This film is an extra on a rental DVD that I got my hands on. Somewhere during this sequence of raw and unmastered scenes, Terry gets in an argument with the producer: Terry wants the film to end in the Airport where Railly makes eye contact with young Cole. The producer says he wants the airplane scene with the confusing dialoque we all know so well.

In the end Terry agrees to end the film with the airplane scene followed by the crane shot in the parking area. Terry says something in the likes of : "Maybe it was a good idea. The viewers can know that Cole's death was not in vain, since he led miss Jones and her team to the virus"

I hope this concludes a very long thread!