Votes: 188 60.3%

• Total voters

UserNameless

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere...You never there.
the shyt is white and gold.
its the shadow fukkin with yall eyes thinking the white is a darker color.

shyt even a dark green car looks black sometimes

Homie... she was on tv this morning. A up and coming British pop singer is being publicly named as the one who allegedly put out the initial photo. she's got an album coming out. they fukkin' with you man. Just let it go.

But on a deeper level this is illustrative that nothing in this world is really "real..." everything is relative. question everything. Watch the puppeteers.

#StayWoke :usure:

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
Brehs, it's just a crazy optical illusion.

I literally saved the pic to my phone and whipped it out last night to show a friend.

Me: What color is this dress?
*looks at phone and sees it is blue and black for the first time all day*
Me: :ohhh: :ohhh: :ohhh:
Her: It's white and gold? wtf is this a joke?
Me: *phone shaking in my hand*
Me Yo, this may sound crazy but it's blue and black to me. I swear all day it's been white and gold.
Her: :usure:
Me: Whatever
Me: *drives home*
Her: *sends text saying "WTF it's blue and black now!" * :damn:
Me: :pachaha: I told you

I wake up this morning and it's W/G again.

:mindblown: I salute this internet mystery.

Pete Wrigley

Twerk, Petunia, Twerk!
Supporter
Daps
I don't get how folks are seeing black and blue. But below is supposedly the actual dress.
1425034729243.jpg

UserNameless

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere...You never there.

Roman Originals
@romanoriginals

We can confirm #TheDress is blue and black! We should know! bit.ly/1arLYRe pic.twitter.com/kkxjUbmgI3
7h ago

https://twitter.com/intent/retweet?tweet_id=571224722438004736

-------------------------

Can we just stop already? :mindblown: they're making money, and folks are arguing. :snoop:

Blue and Black? White and Gold? For Dressmaker, It's All Green
Blue and black? White and gold? For the company behind the chromatically ambiguous dress that went viral on Friday morning, it's all green.

While social media users argue if #thedress is blue and black or white and gold, the British clothing company behind the suddenly famous frock is reaping the benefits of the Internet's befuddlement.

Ian Johnson, creative manager for Birmingham-based Roman Originals, characterized the dress as a "good seller" ordinarily, with an average of about a hundred a week selling through the company's online and brick-and-mortar channels. The company started selling the dress in November of 2014.

The spotlight of viral fame has heated up sales considerably.

"We're vastly over where we'd be normally," Johnson said. "This is looking like a good black Friday." It took only half an hour for the 300 dresses on Roman Originals' site to sell out on Friday morning. "Our website's currently at about a million visits to this page alone," Johnson said.

"This is 100 percent not a marketing campaign by us, it came by complete surprise," Johnson said.

The company was able to track down additional inventory and is still fulfilling orders, at least for now, he said. "We can guarantee that we'll make it through the day. The weekend, we'll have to see."

Aside from a surge of demand for the original blue and black dress (yes, that's the real color combination), Johnson said Roman Originals has been inundated with calls from people who want a white and gold version, as the dress appeared to many online.

"We're getting calls constantly — about 150 calls in the last 45 minutes," Johnson said. He said the company was trying to figure out how quickly it could turn out the Internet-inspired version of the dress, estimating that turnaround time could be a matter of weeks if production is given the go-ahead.

"We're currently looking into it," he said.

--- Martha C. White, NBC News contributor

First published February 27th 2015, 9:51 am

flea

Legend
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Dade County
For a split second I saw the white and gold, scrolled past it, looked back and it was black and blue again. Dog fukk science :snoop:

FLYINHAWAIIAN

Vegan For a Reason
Daps
Reppin
Hawaii/Houston
Homie... she was on tv this morning. A up and coming British pop singer is being publicly named as the one who allegedly put out the initial photo. she's got an album coming out. they fukkin' with you man. Just let it go.

But on a deeper level this is illustrative that nothing in this world is really "real..." everything is relative. question everything. Watch the puppeteers.

#StayWoke :usure:

:yeshrug:

still white and gold though :steviej:

KOohbt

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Its white and gold and the lighting and shytty camera are the reasons dolts see otherwise and to be contraian lames.

Edit: its a scam they purposely did this as marketing.

CBSkyline

Chill
Daps
When I first seen it, I saw white and gold/yellow. After looking at it again, I could see a bluish/purple kind of color. I have yet to see black in any close up image, though when the pic is smaller or you look at it from a distance or certain angle, the bottom does appear to be black, but the top still has a dark gold/yellowish color. At the moment I'm in the bluish/purple and gold camp.