Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Blessed by Ali himself
GKNL 2014

On Instagram...

- The Rock posted he following on his Instagram, discussing the origin of "The People's Champion"…

Crazy story.. In 1997 (1yr into my wrestling career) I started using the moniker "The People's Champion" in honor of one of my heroes Muhammad Ali. In 1998 the Ali family came to see me wrestle in Louisville, KY and gave me the officially nod from Muhammad himself to carry the "People's Champ" name proudly. From that defining night in Louisville to last night's WRESTLEMANIA 30 in New Orleans, I proudly stand The People's Champ. To me, it'll always mean much more than a nickname... its a very special connection. THANK YOU.#PeoplesChamp4Life #ThxStoneCold4TheBeers

Daps
Reppin
Toledo, OH
Source: F4WOnline

Within WWE there is an idea of doing The Shield vs. Evolution (Triple H, Batista and Randy Orton) has been pitched. When it will happen is at WWE Extreme Rules pay-per-view that will be held from East Rutherford, New Jersey on May 4th.

Now this is all fine and good, but it matters on who challenges Daniel Bryan for the WWE World Heavyweight Title on the PPV. Orton still has a rematch for the title and you have to factor in Batista and Triple H. Also with such a big feud like this and the idea of it coming to WWE, there’s speculation that we will see an Evolution vs. The Shield War Games match at the PPV. Now that will probably not happen as every time someone brings it up, Vince McMahon always shoots it down over the years.
I think someone mentioned this in the Raw thread..if this really goes down :blessed:

We need Flair back in their corner to make it complete though

Thebadguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Source: LayfieldReport.com

A Tweet posted from Rey Mysterio teasing a WWE future for former San Diego Charger Shawne Merriman has come to fruition. On the latest edition of The John Layfield and Michael Cole Show, the two confirmed that Merriman will be “joining the WWE family” and is working down at the WWE Performance Center in Orlando, FL.

Shawne Merriman is not a stranger to the media, and even to the pro wrestling world. He made a special appearance at the 2008 WWE One Night Stand, attacking former WWE Superstar Chavo Guerrero with a kendo stick. He was also a special guest on a WrestleMania Today panel for the WWE Network this past weekend, alongside Josh Matthews, Booker T and Shawn Michaels.

http://www.gerweck.net/2014/04/09/former-nfl-player-shawne-merriman-signs-wwe-contract/

jackswstd

Retired
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Source: F4WOnline

It's said that Triple H and Stephanie McMahon have taken on more of a leadership role within WWE over the past few weeks. They had more control than ever at WrestleMania XXX this year.
While Vince McMahon is in charge and won't be stepping down any time soon, there's a feeling of a transition period within WWE.

On a related note, it was Triple H that informed the WWE talents of The Ultimate Warrior's passing. Warrior's death had Vince really shaken up.

Gotta give credit where it is due props to Trips and Steph, I may not worship the ground dude walks on like some of y'all but I respect him. Crazy to hear Vince is shaken up by Warrior's death perhaps he's coming to realize his own mortality though I hope he has plenty more years to come.

Brad Piff

The Money & The Miles
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
- WWE is dropping the term "pay-per-view." From now on, the monthly Sunday shows are being called "special events."

jackswstd

Retired
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

- Late at night on April 2nd, during WrestleMania week in New Orleans, Damien Sandow was going up to homeless people and handing them all $10 bills. It wasn't something he was doing for publicity since almost nobody was around.
- After Bo Dallas and Adam Rose come up to WWE's main roster, the next NXT stars in line to come up are Sami Zayn and NXT Tag Team Champions The Ascension.

- WWE will be doing more live WWE Network shows from Los Angeles during SummerSlam weekend, similar to how they did with WrestleMania XXX.

:salute: SandGAWD. Zayn and Ascension :ohlawd:

Brad Piff

The Money & The Miles
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
- In regards to Triple H taking over more power within WWE, it's said that Triple H is very open to referencing the internet and responding to "IWC fans" through creative bookings and promos while Vince McMahon completely ignores the internet.

Tommy Fits

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
QUEENS NY
- In regards to Triple H taking over more power within WWE, it's said that Triple H is very open to referencing the internet and responding to "IWC fans" through creative bookings and promos while Vince McMahon completely ignores the internet.

HHH is a mark just like us.