Overall Rating

• Total voters

Tommy Fits

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
QUEENS NY
Thought he had next but the injuries killed his career. I don't even know how to rate him because he had such a good year or two in 95-96. Then in 97 he was out most of it but the stuff with the NOD was entertaining but her pretty much lost all his momentum. But 98 onward his career was an embarrassment

Last edited:

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
Dude was insanely over with the crowd. Over the years of watching random matches of his, you can tell how much Vince loved him by how much he'd gush over him on commentary. Getting injured is one thing, but being reckless with other people is something else.Vince would have been all in on him had he not done that.

mrken12

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Maryland
I vividly remember :gladbron:-ing out at the Pearl River Plunge. I knew what that was before Misawa's Tiger Driver.

That, his penchant for trying shyt he had no business attempting and clearly off-kilter promos/vibe, is about it. I'm surprised he doesn't have a higher score given that by virtue of being the first black man to win a WWF singles title of any kind, he is an epitome of #BlackExcellence.
Vince's man crush on Ahmed was why he got such a major push. Guys like Junkyard Dog and Bad News Brown were more deserving of being the first black singles title holder. What's even more ridiculous was that the first black singles title holder got the title in 1996 :mindblown: By that time WCW already had a black World Champion.

El Guapo

Superstar
Daps
8. By 1995 I wasn’t checking for wrestling at all. It was just too silly. Around early ‘96, I scrolled past some WWF show and saw Ahmed kicking ass. Had me like “Who’s this guy? :leon:” and I got back into wrestling. Ahmed was Goldberg (before Golberg) status to me at that point. Of course I didn’t know he was actually hurting people and he would eventually get injured and fat, but that 1996 run mattered to me :wow:

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
Vince's man crush on Ahmed was why he got such a major push. Guys like Junkyard Dog and Bad News Brown were more deserving of being the first black singles title holder. What's even more ridiculous was that the first black singles title holder got the title in 1996 :mindblown: By that time WCW already had a black World Champion.

So many people don't know Bad News Brown was the original Stone Cold and clear influence, but I'm not sure if Austin has ever mentioned that.

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
This is what I remember most about him
RR05.gif

:russ:

Yayo Toure

Mighty Man City
Supporter
Daps
In retrospect, he wasnt shyt.

But back when I was watching him as a kid, me and my friends were hyped for dude. We didn't care we didn't understand his promos, he had a good look and a dope finisher. His career really only had a 1 year peak, then he fell off something serious, but you have to give him credit for how over he was for that short period of time. I give him a 7.