Trying to give this Anderson .Paak dude a fair shot

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
So that dude just took PaaK song and just changed it around a little bit? :francis:
He explained it in a Hot 97 interview. He initially had no plans to even put that out. He was a somewhat popular DJ in one of those carolina states so he had a solid network of people that could play his records. He toyed with the rapping thing but it wasn't ever really serious and he did his own version of might be as sort of a freestyle and just messing around in the studio. He sent it to a DJ friend of his for feedback and his friend for some reason just started playing it and promoting it heavy. He didn't want him to do that but it just took off so he ran with it. Anderson .Paak called him and they worked out the particulars and that's how it is. Listening to the two versions, Anderson's version is a little to complex and not as radio friendly.

Viva

Pro
Daps
Top 3 artists out IMO

If you can't appreciate dude from a musical aspect you're lost

KravenMorehead™

Barrel Brothers.®
Daps
Reppin
NoVA
First time i heard him was on Game's album, thought it was kendrick, Still haven't heard malibu but i dled back in january. Everyone raves ima check it soon

the cool

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
i used to listen to this fool when his name was breezy lovejoy and he rolled with dumbfoundead and wax

never thought that he would make it this big

Cagny

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Italy
He got next

Dre behind him, hipsters love him, can easily shift from Soul to Indie to House music

He might be around for other 10 years

Plus I wouldn't be surprised by a joint album with Kendrick, a sort of best of both worlds 2020 edition

Motife43

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL
i used to listen to this fool when his name was breezy lovejoy and he rolled with dumbfoundead and wax

never thought that he would make it this big

same here. I was listening to him back in 2012-13(?) when he was down with TiRon & Ayomari