Trying to give this Anderson .Paak dude a fair shot

Daps
lol @ people saying 'don't fall for the hype' and 'hypetrain'. Like it or not, Paak might become one of the greatest artists of this generation. Dude been rocking big festivals (also Jazz/Blues etc) for years, even my mother and grandmother listen to him. He's not some one hit wonder type guy and he doesnt need the rap game either tbh

reserved_one

#Ambivertgang
Daps
Reppin
So.ILL/Raider Nation
I was skeptical on Paak at first..but one nite when I was alone drunk and high off weed thinking about my ex broad in my feelings, I just started playing some of his music off youtube. Once you know I was jamming to all his shyt for the next 2 hours lol. It helped get over what I was going through. I like how he's on the HOH tip without completely degrading women. The potential is all there. Paak knows how to make good songs. His voice however is the biggest issue and the Kendrick comparisons will come but I've gotten used to it. He"s more of a crooner than an actual singer.

MikeyC

The Coli Royal Rumble Champion 2019
Daps
Reppin
London
Cant fukk with his music like that. I want to becuase i need good music in my life but he aint cuttin it.

Plus, i really cant fukk with a nikka who got a hoop ring on his nose. very faggy shyt right there.

Didn't 2Pac have a nose ring? :sas2:

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Not every singer gotta be Marvin Gaye. Nothing wrong with being James Brown or Mick Jagger. Paak can sing but usually he just does this Brown type croon/riff that is just...soulful. And he's clearly a good songwriter given how dope the melodies are throughout the album.

Malibu is still my AOTY.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Dude's trash. People keep trying to make him happen but I'm not seeing it.

I expect all these off brand weirdo R&B nikkas that showed up in Frank's wake to disappear when Frank comes back :manny:
Lol @ this. Frank never owned any lane and ain't shutting no one down. Both the weekend and Miguel have had better careers while having dropped around the same time.

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
Lol @ this. Frank never owned any lane and ain't shutting no one down. Both the weekend and Miguel have had better careers while having dropped around the same time.

I never said Miguel or The Weeknd. I'm a huge Miguel fan, and The Weeknd went full pop but he's alright in my book. Add Gallant to this list. And Frank's No. 1.

Rest of these dudes though :martin::ld:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
I never said Miguel or The Weeknd. I'm a huge Miguel fan, and The Weeknd went full pop but he's alright in my book. Add Gallant to this list. And Frank's No. 1.

Rest of these dudes though :martin::ld:
Frank's is internally an afterthought outside of the online coalition (and nikkas like Kanye and jay) that worships him :manny:

Apex

Banned
Daps
lol @ people saying 'don't fall for the hype' and 'hypetrain'. Like it or not, Paak might become one of the greatest artists of this generation. Dude been rocking big festivals (also Jazz/Blues etc) for years, even my mother and grandmother listen to him. He's not some one hit wonder type guy and he doesnt need the rap game either tbh
Who else would you say are the greatest artists of this generation?

Ribbs

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
There's a lot of great artists who have unorthodox voices. I never had an issue with his voice, it's better to be different than to sound like everybody else.