Trying to give this Anderson .Paak dude a fair shot

OnlyInCalifornia

Southern California/Vegas
Daps
Reppin
The Coli's 420th member
So @OnlyInCalifornia "Venice" is the route?

Only heard dude on a couple tracks and ain't clicking on any of these YouTube links... didn't really have an opinion (I don't give a fukk about his voice, I fukk with Danny Brown who everyone hates cause of voice) but dig his track on the Kaytranada shyt.

Yea I would go there, if you haven't heard the Compton album hes all on that too. I also think he was writing for Dre on it (not sure tho)

I also really like Danny Brown and appreciate his voice being so weird/different but AP isn't unique enough for me to like it off the bat :yeshrug:

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He can sing but he bores me, he ruined the songs on game and Q's albums, just my opinion.

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
Dont fall for the hype. Dude's voice is trash and his music aint that great
Nah breh, the music is on point on here if nothing else. I think he's like a new Keith Sweat...voice isn't really that great but he knows how to use it, more or less. If I really wasn't feeling anything on here, I would've cut it off already :yeshrug:

Yea I would go there, if you haven't heard the Compton album hes all on that too. I also think he was writing for Dre on it (not sure tho)

I also really like Danny Brown and appreciate his voice being so weird/different but AP isn't unique enough for me to like it off the bat :yeshrug:
Danny tripped me up with his look. My first look at dude, I swore he was about to give me some old "alternative rap" from a dude who wants to be a rockstar so bad but feels obligated to do hiphop just because he's black (*coughCudicough*). Turns out, he was just a grimey Detroit nikka that knew how to rhyme :wow:

Daps
His content is dope, the voice though

giphy.gif

Lord Mecca

Eyes May Shine
Daps
Danny tripped me up with his look. My first look at dude, I swore he was about to give me some old "alternative rap" from a dude who wants to be a rockstar so bad but feels obligated to do hiphop just because he's black (*coughCudicough*). Turns out, he was just a grimey Detroit nikka that knew how to rhyme :wow:
When I started listening to Danny Brown I had no idea what he looked like. First time I saw Danny Brown was in the Shootin Moves video... I like look at this dirtball nikka he's even doper now. After that he went super eccentric with his style but I could care less about all that. He gotta make an image to sell. If he was still wearing jerseys and jeans with a braidup he wouldn't be in any festivals and nobody would know who he was :russ:

Daps
I heard a few songs of his. The production is cool, but his singing voice:huhldup:.

His vocals are decent, but I don't like his singing tone.:yeshrug:

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
Finishing up, I see why people fukk with Malibu...gonna give it a few more spins myself :manny:

Gonna peep Venice in a bit

Romell

Superstar
Daps
So that dude just took PaaK song and just changed it around a little bit? :francis:
Pretty much, but I think Paak is eating off of it still.

How did you eventually get clearance from Anderson .Paak?

It was a weird situation at first -- just miscommunication. I never thought it would get to the point it did, you know, since people do freestyles everyday. So when it started getting overboard, he reached out and was like, "What's going on?" And of course anybody who does music would be mad, so he was upset. But I just explained that this wasn't one of those situations I knew was going to happen. And being a DJ, I'm [usually] somebody who can tell you when something's going to pop. I guess when you hear your own stuff, you're more like, "Nah, this ain't going to happen." It turned out we were under the same distribution company [Empire], so we just got the business taken care of. My manager and Ghazi [Shami, Empire founder] are just real close friends -- family at that -- so it's just a matter of business and conversation. And at the end of the day, it's about the music.
www.billboard.com/articles/news/magazine-feature/7350221/dj-luke-nasty-on-might-be

DonRe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Cant fukk with his music like that. I want to becuase i need good music in my life but he aint cuttin it.

Plus, i really cant fukk with a nikka who got a hoop ring on his nose. very faggy shyt right there.