Trusted game insider & analyst says Sony are in talks with Fromsoftware for acquisition

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Because it's a Sony exclusive and From said while they'd like to make a sequel, Sony never requested one.

Fred.
They could still pitch one tho, I don’t see why after it’s popularity and acclaim they’d say no, Bend getting shown the door after offering up a Days Gone sequel sure..but Bloodbourne would be surprising

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
They could still pitch one tho, I don’t see why after it’s popularity and acclaim they’d say no, Bend getting shown the door after offering up a Days Gone sequel sure..but Bloodbourne would be surprising

I mean, they've publicly said they'd like to make one and the ball is in Sony's court. Beyond that I don't think pitching it would change anything. Sony is basically sitting on a hit franchise for seemingly no good reason.

Fred.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I mean, they've publicly said they'd like to make one and the ball is in Sony's court. Beyond that I don't think pitching it would change anything. Sony is basically sitting on a hit franchise for seemingly no good reason.

Fred.
It’s not that simple. The sony studio that worked on bloodborne with From no longer exists.

They’d have to pay From a hell of a lot of money to pull them off their own games to develop a Sony IP.

It’s more likely that if Bloodborn 2 is ever made it will come from another studio entirely

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
It’s not that simple. The sony studio that worked on bloodborne with From no longer exists.

They’d have to pay From a hell of a lot of money to pull them off their own games to develop a Sony IP.

It’s more likely that if Bloodborn 2 is ever made it will come from another studio entirely

I get what you're saying but there's no sense in having exclusives if you don't want to shell out money to devs to make them.

Fred.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I get what you're saying but there's no sense in having exclusives if you don't want to shell out money to devs to make them.

Fred.
Gotta have a dev with the skill and desire to make the game first.

Back when bloodborne came out From needed the work. Now they got too much of their own work to do.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Gotta have a dev with the skill and desire to make the game first.

Back when bloodborne came out From needed the work. Now they got too much of their own work to do.

Desire doesn't seem to have much to do with it:

What's Taking Bloodborne 2 So Long?

Granted, this was 3 years ago but saying a game is "closest to my heart" means it's his favorite. There has to be some other reason it's not getting made.

Fred.