Trump's Tax Law Cut Corporate Tax Rate from 35% to 21%. Guess where the money Went.....

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Stock buybacks = money circulating in the economy

Not sure what the issue is here. A lot of employees are paid in stock option benefits in addition to their salary

Buybacks are generously priced purchases
Wait wut?

Stock buybacks reduces the number of outstanding shares which in turn increases the price per share of the wealthy people that ordered the buyback and reduction of outstanding shares. So wealthy board members and shareholders that ordered the buyback are rewarded. Most employees are not paid in stocks and options. Highly paid employees are, but they are not the majority of employees.

By the way congratulations. You may have just had the biggest bullshyt post on thecoli in a long time. Well done sir. Well done.

Rusty$hackleford

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PHX
most money from stock buy backs are not circulating into the economy.

it is reinvested into more stocks.
Exactly, this was the argument against the corp components of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act. Instead of the investment into re-shoring operations and creating new jobs like they claimed, they did just that with the repatriated foreign held money on that one time 8% tax break and the reduced overall corporate rate. Just cleaned up their balance sheets. Even after that windfall a couple years later they were slashing workforce during/following the pandemic

DeuceZ

Li pitit gason
Daps
Reppin
3rd Rock From the Sun
Bank I was at then was talmbout we increasing reserves for delinquencies and limited bonuses and pay increases while making record profits.... amazes me ppl thinking trickle down works... Even if it did would you be happy with a trickle when folks up top get the floodgates of $ :hubie: to each their own I guess

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps
That generate the company money so they can keep jobs instead of getting rid of jobs, which in turn, helps the economy :ld:
This is literally the opposite issue caused by stock buy backs. Stock buy backs is where excess profits go, not back in the business and not into hiring.

Then you add that these companies will lay people off, reduce investments into the business and use that increase in available cash to buy back even more stocks to increase the price of their existing shares.

Blame Jack Welch for this becoming normal. This is why profits for this companies increase while simultaneously the quality of their product drop.

Boeing is a most recent prime example of this. Record profits spent on stock buyback yet their product is becoming garbage.

The interest of stockholders being put above any interest is hurting 99% of people. Average folks are seeing nothing but negatives of that.

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps
not into firing either though right? which is what my post said. I said nothing about hiring.
They are often done together. A lot of companies will buy back stock with money saved from cutting staff. You guys keep falling into this trap that unrestrained capitalism is some how going to trickle down to help you.

Again, always remember a lot of companies now one and only concern is shareholder value. There is no law in their mind above this one. So, if you can fire people, cut corners, and reduce quality and then use that money to increase share value, it is done.

Again, Jack Welch is the grandfather of this shyt and this video will show you the game now if it ain't clear.

• Dap
Reactions: dza

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps

look-at.gif

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area

Is this because of financials or because of dead weight ? You cant tell that. Also who was said those jobs were supposed to be full time long term ?

For google as example, they hire people for specific projects all the time. Lets say they are trying to build a new camera prototype for cell phones. They may hire someone for that job and often times keep that person even beyond the project. But that does not guarantee that person a job for rest of their life with google.

Also tech is hardly a beacon of loyalty when it comes to employees, I live in the bay area, tech employees are some of the most ruthless and disloyal employees in employment history, they leverage deals between start ups and big corps almost yearly to leverage higher pay :mjlol:

Im an employer. I cut my staff from around 12-15 to around 4-6 depending on night. My revenue is about the same without the bloat. Sometimes people fail to bring value to a job :manny: