Trump Judge Allows Polluters to Get Away With Poisoning Black Louisianans

At30wecashout

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
People on here praised Jill Stein's platform for mentioning Cancer Alley, but somehow, they have ignored how this administration, through its Cancer Moonshot initiative, has been trying to tackle the issue by imposing new regulations to cut pollution, funding research and treatment, and investing in these affected communities. They ignore how the judges behind these decisions were appointed by Trump, and how the Trump admin has pledged not to increase funding for the program if he were to get another term. They ignore how his anti-environmentalism hurt Black communities the most.

Its purely anti-Democratic rhetoric. As I constantly put in threads now, Evanston Illinois has a reparations program that is narrow in scope and helps maybe 400 residents.

Who implemented it? Democrats.

Is it popular? Overwhelmingly in a left leaning predominantly white city with a large Asian populace.

Who challenged it? Out of state Republicans.

Who appointed the judge? Donald J Trump.

Tangibles are actively at risk and some people can fukking read the room.

Kyle C. Barker

Migos VERZUZ Mahalia Jackson
Daps
:mjlol: of course you can't answer a simple, straightforward question.

Y'all so dishonest, friends.

He didn't even deserve a response. Guy is on bot time

Gets asked a question about corporate pollution, responds with an automated response about the crime bill and benign neglect, which makes no God damn sense

Last edited:

Scustin Bieburr

Baby baybee baybee UUUGH
Daps
Black Trump supporters and bothsiders looking more and more sillier by the day
A lot of these people need a collective leopards ate my face moment.
They keep getting them and don't change.

They think they sound smart parroting talking points they heard from people they think are smart. Them mfs were never going to vote they just wanted a high horse to ride on. They keep moving goal posts so they can stay at home.

Ask them about what local movements they're supporting and how and they'll hit you with the:
:yeshrug:

Kyle C. Barker

Daps
fukk Trump.

What is Biden and Kamala going to do to combat this.

There needs to be counter action.

Biden and Michael Regan (his pick for the EPA) have been addressing cancer alley with regulations for at least 2 years now. This Trump judge is undermining their efforts. Read up on the Chevron Doctrine ruling that happened earlier this summer. This is basically the fallout of that.

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Biden and Michael Regan (his pick for the EPA) have been addressing cancer alley with regulations for at least 2 years now. This Trump judge is undermining their efforts. Read up on the Chevron Doctrine ruling that happened earlier this summer. This is basically the fallout of that.

Rep

Thanks for the information.

What could a future Harris admin do to combat this?

Kyle C. Barker

Daps
Rep

Tried to rep you back but I haven't repped enough people yet. I got you later ✊🏿

As far as what she can do, she will definitely pick better judges. More liberal judges will defer to agencies like the EPA or the CDC to rule on regulations.

That Chevron ruling kneecapped the administrative state of its regulatory power. We're basically in a place now where federal judges (who are uneducated about the life sciences) can basically second guess a government agency's regulations and I have no doubt the trump picks will rule in favor of a corporations right to pollute and harm citizens.

Now it pretty much seems like the only real way to strengthen an agency's regulatory power is by relying on the house of representatives (who again aren't experts) to write a specific law to replace an agency's regulation. I really don't have any faith in Marjorie Taylor Greene or Lauren Boebert crafting a bill that specifies the appropriate level of CO2 in the atmosphere to be deemed safe.

At30wecashout

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Rep

Real talk, and this requires no extra effort: Continue Biden's policies. He already has progressive folks in place who try to fight these things and it would get even better with an agreeable congress so instead of just putting in regulations, which are under attack in the coming years due to Chevron Deference, but instituting laws to strengthen the agenda.

If the President has no congress, he/she is toothless on this matter. Big business can tie things up in court and make people believe the President is "doing nothing" while they also fund opponents who will let them fukk shyt up unfettered. There will be a retrospective where despite Biden being too much of an old-timey Democrat, he bucked a lot of neo-liberal trends in a way that if Dems that come under them continue, we may return to environmental protection and Keynesian economics.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
You're allowed to poison Black folk if you say it was an "accident".

Yup. From racist gerrymandering to racist bank practices to racist environmental harm, the right-wing judges have basically declared that so long as you control your paper trail so that you never admit to being racist in writing, you can do literally anything you want.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Don't quote me with this dumb trolling "both sides" shyt.

ADOS people in Louisiana are dying because of these evil conservative crackers.

I didn't write that to score "both sides" points I want to genuinely know what the strategy is.

I mean but seriously what are the democrats gonna do about this... ITS LITERALLY BEEN LIKE 4 YEARS BRUH...:dead: you so mad at me ask these politicians what are they doing?!?:manny:

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
We’re Racking up L’s

Smart dumb contrarianism for the win. That’s two back to back consecutive L’s Black people just took.

“Nothings gonna happen” tho??
Black people didn't get trump into office.