Trump is against LEGAL immigration too: COME TAKE THE NEW MERIT-BASED IMMIGRATION TEST

Did you qualify for Legal Immigration?

• Yes I scored 30 points or more

• No I scored 25-29 points

• No I scored less than 25 points

Results are only viewable after voting.

im not you

All Star
Daps
Trump is proposing a system similar(actually identical) to what has been in place in Canada and Australia for years... yet Canada/Australia aren't labeled racist for doing so...

:hhh: quote me where i called this racist. that wasnt my objection to this retarded plan at all

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang

Scoop

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Tampa, FL
No one who isn't a citizen "deserves" to come to the US. The point is to craft policies that bring people here that benefit everyone.

The labor market works on supply/demand curve just like anything else.

The point is to tweak it so that the people already here get the bulk of the benefit. No one is claiming immigration reform will be a messiah for blacks. But it could help low skilled workers, of all races, get jobs in what is already an extremely competitive job market.

Immigration is merely one piece to a complex economy, other things have to change too for larger benefits to come to everyone.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
No one who isn't a citizen "deserves" to come to the US. The point is to craft policies that bring people here that benefit everyone.

The labor market works on supply/demand curve just like anything else.

The point is to tweak it so that the people already here get the bulk of the benefit. No one is claiming immigration reform will be a messiah for blacks. But it could help low skilled workers, of all races, get jobs in what is already an extremely competitive job market.

Immigration is merely one piece to a complex economy, other things have to change too for larger benefits to come to everyone.
Importing only high skilled workers limits upward mobility. :camby:

Fight to always be low skilled workers brehs. :rudy:

Scoop

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Tampa, FL
Importing only high skilled workers limits upward mobility. :camby:

Fight to always be low skilled workers brehs. :rudy:

Not really. Now, as I said right there immigration is only one piece to the puzzle. Education is another big one. We don't educate our people enough whether it be college, trade school etc. for jobs in our 21st century economy. We're still running on a 1960's model of education when college/trade school was a luxury and not a requirement to get a good job.

Being that this law would require a job before coming over so people already here would get the first crack at it if they fit the job. Immigration is merely just intended to fill in the holes of workers that we're not producing internally.

Your argument seems to be "I just want more non-whites here" without saying how that creates a positive effect for the country.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
Not really. Now, as I said right there immigration is only one piece to the puzzle. Education is another big one. We don't educate our people enough whether it be college, trade school etc. for jobs in our 21st century economy. We're still running on a 1960's model of education when college/trade school was a luxury and not a requirement to get a good job.

Being that this law would require a job before coming over so people already here would get the first crack at it if they fit the job. Immigration is merely just intended to fill in the holes of workers that we're not producing internally.

Your argument seems to be "I just want more non-whites here" without saying how that creates a positive effect for the country.
I've never said I want more non whites or more immigrants here period.

I have said that there are a variety of reasons immigrants should be let in and do they have a job and speak English is xenophobic view to immigration.

Further you all seem to have very little understanding of how legal immigration actually works and are taking the Trump administrations talking points as facts..something they generally are not.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
As I said before,

As the system is pointed out you'll find yourself with an influx of late 20 to early 30 year old people taking the very jobs most Americans are seeking at a time where wage gaps for citizens are already growing.

You're essentially increasing competition for well paying jobs for the educated.

Considering where black advancement is and how much you all say education is worthless because black graduates aren't getting a jobs...

Why support an immigration system that only furthers that predicament?

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Trump is proposing a system similar(actually identical) to what has been in place in Canada and Australia for years... yet Canada/Australia aren't labeled racist for doing so...

Why? @Call Me James @Robbie3000 @im not you @acri1

Because this one was crafted ad introduced by a known bigot. :mjgrin:

Actually, the Australian law was crafted by a known bigot too.

"During an interview on the John Laws radio programme on 1 August 1988, Howard detailed the policy, expressing his preference to bias immigration towards skilled applicants rather than family reunion. Later that afternoon, on the ABC PM programme, Howard discussed the policy in relation to Asian immigration to Australia:

"I do believe that if it is – in the eyes of some in the community – that it's too great, it would be in our immediate-term interest and supporting of social cohesion if it were slowed down a little, so the capacity of the community to absorb it was greater.""

"Howard's Shadow Finance Minister, John Stone, elaborated, saying that "Asian immigration has to be slowed. It's no use dancing around the bushes". Ian Sinclair, National Party leader in the Coalition, also supported the policy, saying: "If there is any risk of an undue build-up of Asians against others in the community, then you need to control it. I certainly believe that at the moment we need to reduce the number of Asians.""

"The Labor government sought to quickly exploit Howard's Asian remarks by introducing a parliamentary motion rejecting the use of race to select immigrants. Howard opposed this motion."

"One Australia was the immigration and ethnic affairs policy of the Liberal-National Opposition in Australia, released in 1988. The One Australia policy proclaimed a vision of "one nation and one future". It called for an end to multiculturalism and opposed a treaty with Aboriginal Australians. The policy set the scene for the August 1988 suggestion by Leader of the Opposition John Howard that the rate of Asian immigration to Australia be reduced."

One Australia policy - Wikipedia

Refused to condemn "One Nation", basically Australia's Alt-Right party.

The Telegraph - Calcutta : Opinion

Refused to apologize for kidnapping indigenous children because it happened so long ago (meaning up until 1970s)

Nothing to say sorry for: Howard - National - smh.com.au

White mobs of Australians who harass brown people aren't racist, they've just had too much to drink:

PM refuses to use racist tag - National - smh.com.au

skill based being a color blind policy is not an opinion its a fact.

family unification being intended for europeans to bring family members in to keep america white is also a fact, but white supremacists made the same analytical error you are making and you are trying to make me make, which is extrapolating from current patterns of behavior

False.

As I showed up above, John Howard admitted that he introduced skill-based immigration to replace family-based because he wanted to reduce the number of brown people coming into Australia.

Also, family unification became the primary law (replacing country-based rules) back in the 1960s. It greatly decreased the % of White people in America. By the 1960s most immigrants were not European, so claiming that it was meant to "keep america white" is completely false both in intent and in effect.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
isnt that a good thing :mjlol:

i swear to fukkin christ, it seems like none of you "the sky is falling" dudes can make up your mind. is the trump administration the most incompetent trash the country has ever seen, a hair away from being impeached across the board because of 'russia'?

or are they a well oiled political machine that passes bills whenever they please, and every one of trump's whims, ideas and tweets becomes law for 100 years the instant he snaps his fingers

Who has EVER made the second half of that argument? :what: