Trump IMPEACHED by the US House; US Senate Trial Allows No New Witnesses & Acquits Trump

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
14d9ccc921fa4c56859aed6fbff583e23cd3f70d.jpg

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
:wow:

A Diverse America Votes to Uphold the Constitution; A Largely Male White America Votes to Abrogate It
December 13, 2019/91 Comments/in 2016 Presidential Election, 2020 Presidential Election, emptywheel, Impeachment /by emptywheel

The House Judiciary Committee just voted to send two articles of impeachment against Donald Trump to the full House.

The entire vote took just minutes. But it said so much about the state of America today.

It will forever be portrayed as a party line vote, with 23 Democrats in favor, and 17 Republicans against. But it was also a tribute to the degree to which polarization in America today pivots on issues of diversity.

The Democrats who voted in favor included 11 women, and 13 Latinx and people of color (Ted Lieu missed the vote recovering from a heart procedure). Three (plus Lieu) are immigrants. One is gay. These Democrats voted to uphold the Constitution a bunch of white men, several of them owners of African-American slaves, wrote hundreds of years ago.

The Republicans who voted against were all white. Just two were women. These Republicans voted to permit a racist white male President to cheat to get reelected in violation of the rule of law.

This is about a clash between the rising America and the past. And it’s unclear who will win this battle for America. But the stakes are clear.

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
Don’t assume they automatically ruling in his favor...
Here's how it's going to go down:

NO to releasing Trump's taxes

*Alito
*Kavanaugh
*Thomas
*Gorsuch

YES to releasing Trump's taxes

*Ginsburg
*Breyer
*Sotomayor
*Kagan

The only person who I'm not 100% sure about is Chief Justice Roberts. Right now, I lean towards him voting no but he could end up voting yes.

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
If the Supreme Court and the rest of the judiciary doesn't convince the left (left-leaning moderates & progressives) to vote for whoever is going to be the Democratic nominee. Then NOTHING will and we might as well give this country up to the Republicans.
See...this is what I was talking about earlier

If Orange Emperor telling people that he was going to get rid of Roe v. Wade wasn't serious enough, nothing will be

I hate to say it but I don't see Ginsburg making it past 2020.

Motherfukkers treated 2016 like it was buying a lotto ticket or some shyt and they about to pay for it

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:wow:

A Diverse America Votes to Uphold the Constitution; A Largely Male White America Votes to Abrogate It
December 13, 2019/91 Comments/in 2016 Presidential Election, 2020 Presidential Election, emptywheel, Impeachment /by emptywheel

The House Judiciary Committee just voted to send two articles of impeachment against Donald Trump to the full House.

The entire vote took just minutes. But it said so much about the state of America today.

It will forever be portrayed as a party line vote, with 23 Democrats in favor, and 17 Republicans against. But it was also a tribute to the degree to which polarization in America today pivots on issues of diversity.

The Democrats who voted in favor included 11 women, and 13 Latinx and people of color (Ted Lieu missed the vote recovering from a heart procedure). Three (plus Lieu) are immigrants. One is gay. These Democrats voted to uphold the Constitution a bunch of white men, several of them owners of African-American slaves, wrote hundreds of years ago.

The Republicans who voted against were all white. Just two were women. These Republicans voted to permit a racist white male President to cheat to get reelected in violation of the rule of law.

This is about a clash between the rising America and the past. And it’s unclear who will win this battle for America. But the stakes are clear.

Get your Punjabi brothers in line.

fact

Fukk you thought it was?
Daps
Reppin
How you gonna ROFL with a hollow back?
Here's how it's going to go down:

NO to releasing Trump's taxes

*Alito
*Kavanaugh
*Thomas
*Gorsuch

YES to releasing Trump's taxes

*Ginsburg
*Breyer
*Sotomayor
*Kagan

The only person who I'm not 100% sure about is Chief Justice Roberts. Right now, I lean towards him voting no but he could end up voting yes.
I don’t know enough about the laws, but if there is nothing in actual legal language that says the president has to release their taxes, then Roberts will vote he doesn’t have to, if there is actual specific language that says he has to, he will rule he has to. From what I have seen from the legal experts, is that Roberts is not one for “precedence” when making his rulings. To be perfectly honest, imho, I think if anything, if he has any pressure on him at all, which I don’t believe he does, it is his conscience and the perception of his legacy. I truly wish we weren’t in this position because it is stressful as fukk, but this fukkface isn’t going away anytime soon, and we need to be ready to fukk shyt up (through peaceful means, of course).