Trump IMPEACHED by the US House; US Senate Trial Allows No New Witnesses & Acquits Trump

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Do you think Trump is unbeatable? If so can you explain your perspective on why you think so?

The brehs who think Trump is teflon have always confused me. For me I see a cheeto who lost the popular vote but won via game show election policy in a year where turnout was uninspired and his opponent was perceived by many to be "gifted the nomination." In 45's first term he's made America look incompetent, at best, on the world stage. Im not going to even touch his domestic fukkery, we got multiple threads on that. I say this a lot but @FAH1223 posts informative tweets, polls, and links that show Trump isn't THAT guy, he's a guy. There's a lot of different factors that contributed to him being elected. Its possible he is re-elected but he's hardly Mt. Everest

In a sane world Trump would lose in a landslide but we don't live in a sane world. :yeshrug:

Nobody thinks Trump is going to win the popular vote, but his popularity is about the same was it was when he got elected so there's nothing preventing him from winning electorally again. Especially with the Democratic base being extremely divided right now and a lot of Dem voters prone to staying home if the primary doesn't go their way.

AZBeauty

Stop lyin' nicca.
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, Il
I don't care what they think of me at all. I care what they think of him because I want him removed NOW. I want that. Their opinion matters towards that goal, unfortunately.

No it doesnt. Independents are who you should be concerned with and MAYBE moderate Republicans but most of them are "never trumpers" anyway. Just like the Republican legislators won't go against him, neither will their voters. So if you keep waiting on that, you're going to stay in distress over this desire of yours to turn his voters.

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
But Senator Kennedy was just on MTP saying Trump can't defend himself because the House is not allowing him to. You get an invitation to do just that and they decline. This question was not from a sincere place. He wanted to defend himself, he would comply with document requests that prove his claims of no quid pro quo.
The republicans are using Trumps playbook on everything. Act like everything is unfair. When they are told they can participate or have lawyers etc they claim it's a sham.

So everything is either unfair first then a sham second. An unfair sham. Rinse repeat. Act like Congress doesn't exist and have no worries since the senate is bought off.

Like knowing your jury is fixed and all you have to do is show up for the trial and be acquitted.

OfTheCross

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Keeping my overhead low, and my understand high
No it doesnt. Independents are who you should be concerned with and MAYBE moderate Republicans but most of them are "never trumpers" anyway. Just like the Republican legislators won't go against him, neither will their voters. So if you keep waiting on that, you're going to stay in distress over this desire of yours to turn his voters.
We're talking about the same.people.

Independents and moderate Republicans watch FoxNews.

He's got his 30% on lock. But if we don't get public opinion to 60 - 70% we ain't gonna get anything out of this impeachment.

Hopefully if we get it to 55 - 60% it'll be enough to turnout enough people to take the Senate and the White House in November

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
We're talking about the same.people.

Independents and moderate Republicans watch FoxNews.

He's got his 30% on lock. But if we don't get public opinion to 60 - 70% we ain't gonna get anything out of this impeachment.

Hopefully if we get it to 55 - 60% it'll be enough to turnout enough people to take the Senate and the White House in November

Anybody who watches Fox News regularly is a lost cause whether they claim to be "Independent" or not. :yeshrug:

And support for impeachment will never go over 60%, no matter what happens, because that's just the country we live in. Forty percent of voters are going to be opposed to anything suggested by Dems on general principle. So the question is what to do in the situation.

Blackfyre

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Earthrealm

@mkraju
Dems release witness list for Wednesday’s House Judiciary hearing on impeachment

EKz5-MQXkAADVP_

16:12 - 2 Dec 2019

Blackfyre

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Earthrealm

@mkraju
· 10m
House GOP offers a full-throated defense of Trump in a 123-page impeachment inquiry report, contending Trump did nothing wrong. “President Trump has a deep-seated, genuine, and reasonable skepticism of Ukraine due to its history of pervasive corruption.” House Republicans defend Trump's actions in new report responding to impeachment inquiry - CNNPolitics

Manu Raju

@mkraju
Report also defends Trump’s claims that Ukraine meddled in 2016, despite witness testimony saying otherwise. There’s “indisputable evidence that senior Ukrainian government officials opposed President Trump in the 2016 election and did so publicly.”
16:23 - 2 Dec 2019