Trump IMPEACHED by the US House; US Senate Trial Allows No New Witnesses & Acquits Trump

CSquare43

Superstar
Daps
Dan Rather:

Pride. Sadness. Consternation. Hope.

These emotions and many others swirl within me as we finish the second week of testimony in the House impeachment hearings. To see women and man of character and service speak honestly about their efforts to protect the national security interests of the United States in the face of a blatant abuse of power is a reminder of what this nation can be at its best.

The picture they paint however is dark and cynical. It confirms some of the greatest fears of our Founding Fathers, a president bereft of morality using his office and its many powers in service to his narrow self interest. And beneath it all is the realization that the rot is so endemic and all-encompassing that it would defy reason to assume this is the extent of the malfeasance. We are haunted by what we don't
know.

Many have asked me how this measures against the outrages of Watergate, and my answer has long been that comparisons are difficult despite obvious similarities. But as this comes into focus, we must consider that this is worse. This scandal, with its tentacles into questions of Putin and Russia, involves the future of this nation's relationship with the world. It touches on our defense and security, as well as our values. These offenses were abetted by foreign actors with interests opposed to American values. That the GOP keeps defending the indefensible, from an echo chamber of Fox News and social media, suggests that a reckoning by Republican officials, like what happened with President Nixon, is highly unlikely.

Will the impeachment hearings sway public opinion? Will it cost Democrats at the polls? Is it an exercise in futility? I respectfully suggest these are the wrong questions to ask. The ideal of the Constitution is that it is a set of values and the DNA of government that must superseded temporal political concerns. Either we stand for something as a country, or we don't. The women and men refusing to abide by the President's actions stand for something, with their right hands raised. They have said, this will not be our America, as long as we have a say.

We needed to have this airing of what has occured. The scales by which future generations will measure our actions are set. Evidence is being weighed. It is up to us to work hard to make sure this scale tips
towards justice.

:wow:

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I couldn’t watch any of it at work. I went over to my grandma’s for dinner. She’s a typical Texas, old school, Fox News, always republican no matter what, person. Even she was out of sorts about the trial. She has been drinking the kool aide of Fox News and all that nonsense forever. If this trial is affecting her, maybe it is affecting other die hard republicans? Now, my grandma would never vote for a democrat, but I can see her not voting. :lupe:

Jhoon

Spontaneous Mishaps and Hijinks
Daps
I couldn’t watch any of it at work. I went over to my grandma’s for dinner. She’s a typical Texas, old school, Fox News, always republican no matter what, person. Even she was out of sorts about the trial. She has been drinking the kool aide of Fox News and all that nonsense forever. If this trial is affecting her, maybe it is affecting other die hard republicans? Now, my grandma would never vote for a democrat, but I can see her not voting. :lupe:
Your nana is voting republican till she dies.

Propaganda

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
i was just reading a thread about this over on sherdog...there's a lot of right-wingers on their politics board. and these fukking trumpettes man... :snoop:

there's actually people claiming that holmes is lying because it's literally impossible to overhear someone else's phone conservation. :mjtf:

that's the level they've sunken to trying to defend this guy. incredible. the cult is real. donald j. koresh is the president of the united states.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
There are people who are dumb and there are people who play dumb. Most of the Trump tards are no doubt complete imbeciles uneducated dregs of society, mostly southern hicks who can't put together a complete sentence.

Then there are the GOP people who are playing dumb because they are too invested in Trump and his dealings and/or were heavily involved in them.

Jhoon

Spontaneous Mishaps and Hijinks
Daps
i was just reading a thread about this over on sherdog...there's a lot of right-wingers on their politics board. and these fukking trumpettes man... :snoop:

there's actually people claiming that holmes is lying because it's literally impossible to overhear someone else's phone conservation. :mjtf:

that's the level they've sunken to trying to defend this guy. incredible. the cult is real. donald j. koresh is the president of the united states.
Just remember these people are also All Lives Matter/Blue Lives Matter. They believe that Clinton has little kids in a sex ring in a pizza basement. These are the people who think Q Anon is real. I can point out the fact that these people are evangelicals but that would cloud the issue.

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
Watching a recap of Sondland's testimony, first of all he's a huge smug a$$hole. He lied a lot to semi-cover for Trump. I'm glad Maloney charged him up.

Second, I think people slept on Himes flat out telling Sondland we're going to get a transcript of that Kiev restaurant phone call from another country's IC.