Trump IMPEACHED by the US House; US Senate Trial Allows No New Witnesses & Acquits Trump

Blackfyre

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Earthrealm

@mkraju
Lindsey Graham: “What we have to do here is evaluate (Bolton) manuscript and see if it's a reason to add to the record,” he said, per @byrdinator. Asked if he would support a subpoena to get the manuscript: “I want to know what's in the manuscript, yeah, I think that’s important”
11:55 - 27 Jan 2020
@mkraju
Senate GOP arguments this AM against a Bolton subpoena: Nothing new. Senate shouldn’t be doing the House’s job. And Bolton not credible bc he’s trying to juice book sales. “Yeah, there's really nothing new here. It does seem to be an effort to sell books," Barrasso said
11:58 - 27 Jan 2020

Last edited:

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
RE: The Trump donor dinner part:

Hillary running Bernie as VP, I said that the day of election, or close to. What I didn't realize, was Hillary despised Sanders, but I think that would have swung the election. Shame. I would not have minded had she ran him as VP to shore up the vote, and cut him off at the knees when they assumed office.
if hillary picks bernie as VP, she loses zero votes

but probably gains enough to win :skip:

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They will call witnesses and then acquit Trump because then they can say they had called on witnesses and take that soundbite and topic away from Democrats.

However, it is very risky. Bolton doesn't like Trump so he can go in there guns blazing, then it becomes much harder to acquit Trump
it's honestly crazy how badly republicans have played this

all they had to say from the beginning was "trump shouldnt have done this, the call was not perfect. but it doesnt rise to the level of impeachment"

if they had just said that from the beginning, the dems would have looked stupid moving forward with it :dead: but instead they let the orange fakkit rant about how "i did nothing wrong, the call was perfect", and now they all look like fukking idiots.

Blackfyre

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Earthrealm
@kaitlancollins
Trump's team planned to spend yesterday polishing their arguments, but after that major report from @maggieNYT @nytmike, they worked late, debating whether to even address it, per people briefed. Today was expected to be their last day of arguments but that's now up in the air.
12:44 - 27 Jan 2020

Blackfyre

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Earthrealm
@mkraju
If Murkowski votes for witnesses, that puts it at 50-50, with Romney and Collins expected to vote in favor. 50-50 is a failed vote. But no senator wants to be vote 51, so proponents will almost certainly have to secure at least two more to succeed
Haley Byrd
@byrdinator
Sen. Lisa Murkowski to reporters just now: “I said before I was curious about what Ambassador Bolton might have to say. I’m still curious.”
12:51 - 27 Jan 2020

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA

all they had to say from the beginning was "trump shouldnt have done this, the call was not perfect. but it doesnt rise to the level of impeachment"

if they had just said that from the beginning, the dems would have looked stupid moving forward with it :dead: but instead they let the orange fakkit rant about how "i did nothing wrong, the call was perfect", and now they all look like fukking idiots.

Dear Leader Trump is flawless! How dare you!

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת

That would not have worked because of the precedent they set with the Clinton impeachment, they would have loved to have taken the easy way out but they had already f*cked themselves in doing so.

Blackfyre

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Earthrealm
@mkraju
Newly appointed freshman senator from Georgia comes out hard against Romney - much tougher than any of her colleagues - and makes clear where she stands on Bolton
Senator Kelly Loeffler

@SenatorLoeffler
After 2 weeks, it’s clear that Democrats have no case for impeachment. Sadly, my colleague @SenatorRomney wants to appease the left by calling witnesses who will slander the @realDonaldTrump during their 15 minutes of fame. The circus is over. It’s time to move on! #gapol
13:14 - 27 Jan 2020