Trump: ‘I Need the Kind of Generals That Hitler Had’

RamsayBolton

Superstar
Daps

he personal qualities displayed by Trump in his reaction to the cost of the Guillén funeral—contempt, rage, parsimony, racism—hardly surprised his inner circle. Trump has frequently voiced his disdain for those who serve in the military and for their devotion to duty, honor, and sacrifice. Former generals who have worked for Trump say that the sole military virtue he prizes is obedience. As his presidency drew to a close, and in the years since, he has become more and more interested in the advantages of dictatorship, and the absolute control over the military that he believes it would deliver. “I need the kind of generals that Hitler had,” Trump said in a private conversation in the White House, according to two people who heard him say this. “People who were totally loyal to him, that follow orders.”

In their book, The Divider: Trump in the White House, Peter Baker and Susan Glasser reported that Trump asked John Kelly, his chief of staff at the time, “Why can’t you be like the German generals?” Trump, at various points, had grown frustrated with military officials he deemed disloyal and disobedient. (Throughout the course of his presidency, Trump referred to flag officers as “my generals.”) According to Baker and Glasser, Kelly explained to Trump that German generals “tried to kill Hitler three times and almost pulled it off.” This correction did not move Trump to reconsider his view: “No, no, no, they were totally loyal to him,” the president responded.

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
Sometimes I think he is trying to lose on purpose, or the powers that be are conducting a social experiment with this presidential run

Funny because his unhinged behavior has if anything helped him. Which says a lot about where this country is going.

Daps
the germans never did anything bad to us, family. don’t fall for the trick bag. ya dig?

full

mc_brew

#NotMyPresident
Daps
Reppin
the black cat is my crown...
Sometimes I think he is trying to lose on purpose
i thought that too back in 2016, but he won... then i thought that again in 2020 where he barely lost.... like @feelosofer said, this type of bullshít has helped trump more than it has hurt him.... sick society we live in....