True or False: The Thing(1982) is better than Alien(1979)

True or False: The Thing(1982) is better than Alien(1979)

• Total voters

General Mills

More often than not I tend to take that L.
Daps
Reppin
Piffsburgh, PA
It’s been too long since I have see The Thing. I don’t think I have seen it since I was a kid :ohhh:

Alien is a classic to me. I will do a Thing rewatch and revisit this thread

Edit: ok it’s on Peacock. I am watching this tomorrow. shyt I am excited. It will be like a brand new watch :banderas:

Last edited:

BlackMajik

Behind Enemy Lines
Daps
Reppin
DSGB(Down South Georgia Boy)
It’s been too long since I have see The Thing. I don’t think I have seen it since I was a kid :ohhh:

Edit: ok it’s on Peacock. I am watching this tomorrow. shyt I am excited. It will be like a brand new watch :banderas:
I’m watching both right now. Will poll and give explanations later

:takedat:
Enjoy:wow:

General Mills

Daps
Reppin
Piffsburgh, PA
Side note.. I am about to start The Thing. Its streaming on Peacock. I accidentally hit on the 2011 version. My plan is to watch the 1982 film first. What is the general consensus on the reboot? I honestly did not even realize they had remade it

Last edited:

abominable1

the fukkery, the sweet ,sweet fukkery
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
@RGM
Side note.. I am about to start The Thing. Its streaming on Peacock. I accidentally hit on the 2011 version. My plan is to watch the 1982 film first. What is the general consensus on the reboot? I honestly did not even realize they had remade it
the 2011 one - ehhh- its aiight
they typical issues, filmmakers start out with great ideas and good intentions
studio interference and a few bad mistakes fukks everything up
(they started with practical FX then switched to CGI)

its actually a prequel to the 82 version
as a horror movie , its actually pretty decent
as a prequel to the Thing - its..........just okay

I know a lot of people that despise it , I am fine with it , only watched it once though.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Crazy part is, i don't remember the movie, The Thing getting talked about very much when i was a kid. I literally saw the movie for the first time back in 2020.
I understand this was a cult classic, but it seems like it got a resurgence in popularity recently.

Duke Dixon

Superstar
Daps
I'll get back to you when I watch both this month.

Favorite scene from both movies that I can remember is the blood testing scene in The Thing.

General Mills

Daps
Reppin
Piffsburgh, PA

Aiyoooo. What a good ass movie!

When the movie started I was mad confused. Took me a minute but I figured out why I was so perplexed…:dahell:

I kept thinking I don’t remember this movie being in the artic:skip: Then it hit me….. I have NEVER seen this movie before:damn:

I kept assuming this was another movie in 82. A movie I have seen a gazillion times as a kid. Swamp Thing. I was raised in the 80’s as a kid and seen all the movies but this one. I must have always juxtaposed them and did not even think about it

So this was truly a fresh new movie for me and I enjoyed it thoroughly.

1. Great cast and acting

2. As mentioned in this thread the dog at the beginning set the whole tone. Had me creeped out

3. The alien itself and its powers are fukking frighting. The special effects they used were fukking impressive for the time.

4. The thought of being isolated and fighting the alien, the weather, and human nature is pretty daunting

I can’t honestly put it above Alien because I need to do some multiple rewatches. Alien I have seen probably at least 40 times over the years. It’s a old friend. The Thing is now on my great movie list and I can’t wait to watch it again

BlackMajik

Behind Enemy Lines
Daps
Reppin
DSGB(Down South Georgia Boy)
Aiyoooo. What a good ass movie!

When the movie started I was mad confused. Took me a minute but I figured out why I was so perplexed…:dahell:

I kept thinking I don’t remember this movie being in the artic:skip: Then it hit me….. I have NEVER seen this movie before:damn:

I kept assuming this was another movie in 82. A movie I have seen a gazillion times as a kid. Swamp Thing. I was raised in the 80’s as a kid and seen all the movies but this one. I must have always juxtaposed them and did not even think about it

So this was truly a fresh new movie for me and I enjoyed it thoroughly.

1. Great cast and acting

2. As mentioned in this thread the dog at the beginning set the whole tone. Had me creeped out

3. The alien itself and its powers are fukking frighting. The special effects they used were fukking impressive for the time.

4. The thought of being isolated and fighting the alien, the weather, and human nature is pretty daunting

I can’t honestly put it above Alien because I need to do some multiple rewatches. Alien I have seen probably at least 40 times over the years. It’s a old friend. The Thing is now on my great movie list and I can’t wait to watch it again
Yea I knew you'd enjoy it haha