Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Thjs episode was virtually all unnessacary exposition. Every main character is shades of the same "cop on the edge" stereotype. I can't tell the difference between Rachel, Colin or Taylor. Vince always looked like he was on the verge of doing that comedic rambling thing that he always does.... I also don't take him seriously as a business man ; I'm not sure why he's on this show. Taylor seems like he doesn't what to be there at all also.

Most of the character problems could be solved by focusing on 1or 2 characters. Colin is clearly the best actor in the show. Vince could be the second focus just to avoid a repeat of Colin character tropes but this dude cant sell his lines.

Besides the story deciding to kick in 50 mins into the show, the editing is the worst part. It like the director chose to film city shyts when he didn't know how to end a scene. I swear a few of those scenes weren't even done before it cut to a shot of the city. The:heh: ominous music ain't help either.... It was so outta place and didn't match the tone of this show at all. :bryan:

This reminds of that AMC cop show.

Damn breh, are you a producer, director, or took film school classes in LA or NY breh?:mjlol:

Fillerguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey
now THIS is what this forum is for :salute:

those "city" highway/road/environment shots were present in season 1 too, there were a bunch of driving/highway scenes. I don't understand how the "ominous" music didn't match the tone of the show? The entire tone of this show and season 1 could be defined as "ominous".
Season 1 had an overarching murder mystery that involved hick cults, mutilation, child rape and murder wrapped up in a high government/elitist conspiracy. Swamps shots and scenes that hung on creepy deep south rural homes made sense, as well as the ominous music. It added to the sense of foreboding that was already present due to the show's subject matter.

S2 doesn't even come close to that shyt. It looks and sounds like one of those cheap horror flicks that uses we did camera angles and creepy music to sell its horror flick legitmancy. S2 is like someone saw s1 the was paid to copy it just enough to avoid plagiarism. I wouldn't be surprised if these aren't the same crew from s1.

long story short, shyts boring and I see right through it.

dontreadthis

philly.
Daps
Thjs episode was virtually all unnessacary exposition. Every main character is shades of the same "cop on the edge" stereotype. I can't tell the difference between Rachel, Colin or Taylor. Vince always looked like he was on the verge of doing that comedic rambling thing that he always does.... I also don't take him seriously as a business man ; I'm not sure why he's on this show. Taylor seems like he doesn't what to be there at all also.

Most of the character problems could be solved by focusing on 1or 2 characters. Colin is clearly the best actor in the show. Vince could be the second focus just to avoid a repeat of Colin character tropes but this dude cant sell his lines.

Besides the story deciding to kick in 50 mins into the show, the editing is the worst part. It like the director chose to film city shyts when he didn't know how to end a scene. I swear a few of those scenes weren't even done before it cut to a shot of the city. The:heh: ominous music ain't help either.... It was so outta place and didn't match the tone of this show at all. :bryan:

on some serious shyt, how can you deem any exposition unnecessary from 55 minutes out of an entire season?
:dwillhuh:

The Watcher

Judging you from afar
Daps
Reppin
Peepholes
Innocent dudes don't drive 100 per hour with no helmet on and lights out. Guilty dudes who have done really remorseful things do that.

I'm not gonna lie, I walked away thinking he's some kind of self-hating gay guy that would rather have people believe that he was asking for head from a lady than knowing he can't be with a lady without pills/closed eyes.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Season 1 had an overarching murder mystery that involved hick cults, mutilation, child rape and murder wrapped up in a high government/elitist conspiracy. Swamps shots and scenes that hung on creepy deep south rural homes made sense, as well as the ominous music. It added to the sense of foreboding that was already present due to the show's subject matter.

S2 doesn't even come close to that shyt. It looks and sounds like one of those cheap horror flicks that uses we did camera angles and creepy music to sell its horror flick legitmancy. S2 is like someone saw s1 the was paid to copy it just enough to avoid plagiarism. I wouldn't be surprised if these aren't the same crew from s1.

Really? Because I saw the opposite. This season feels entirely different from the previous one and wants to do its own thing.

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
Innocent dudes don't drive 100 per hour with no helmet on and lights out. Guilty dudes who have done really remorseful things do that.

I got the vibe that is coming from his time in the military though. When he pulled over the chick, he seemed like the typical straight laced by the book cop. I'm not sure though :yeshrug:

John Carter from Mars definitely has issues though, and I'm not just talking about in the bedroom :mjlol:. Speaking of the bedroom, was the whole convo between McAdams and her boyfriend in her introduction because she was into some kinky shyt that took him by surprise :patrice:?

Vince Vaughn had the least interesting aspect, but that could be because it focused on his business dealings which aren't laid out yet.

Colin Farrell seems like he will be the most interesting so far. No wonder he is fukked up, wife gets raped and has a kid that isn't his :mjcry:. I bet he ended up killing that rapist. Tried to be a good dad and got lil ginger homie the new Lebron's only for the bullies at school to cut them up, I don't think he needed the brass knuckles though :whoa:. I'll keep watching to see how the season develops.

LastManStanding

Veteran
Daps
enjoy the show for what it is. overall the first episode was good, but you can't expect it to live up to the greatness of season one.

tumblr_inline_nox4mpEfHO1qbnzaa_500.gif

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Colin Farrel on some G shyt. he bout to own this season and revive his career. I like McAdams, and they are slowly pulling back the curtain on Vince Vaughn's character, which is cool with me. I'm a little worried about Taylor Kitsch. But let's see how he plays out. I like this opening episode.

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps

I don't know what to tell you man. I disagree with literally everything you're saying. Let's not act like you weren't ready to hate this BEFORE you even watched the first episode. You're literally trying to just shyt on everything off the bat :manny:

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
i like that car scene subversion..marty and russ had so much discussion in the car..homie says one thing to antigone and she hits him with the :beli:
same shyt with colin being "interviewed" at the beginning

first episode was very well done, except im not sure how riggins found that corpse :patrice:

edit: @fillerguy is right about one thing, vince was about to bust out his signature rambling. i enjoyed it tho, it was in a darker tone and a nod to the audience's expectations of the actor, just like the deaded car ramble and the dusty ass cop with an overgrown mustache interview was a nod to the show's new direction

Last edited:

Propaganda

Superstar
Daps
Reppin

yeah i agree with this. some of the shots seemed strange...like they were just forced in there to try and give it that sinister, haunting kind of feel like they had in season 1. they were some weird cuts too.

still, i'm feeling it so far.

USSInsiders

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Vince Vaughn is a miscast