TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
thank you for saying this because I came in here to say this exactly. This reviewer does NOTHING but compare season 2 to season 1, which is abso-fukking-lutely not what you should do as a reviewer. OBVIOUSLY nothing can fukking stack up to McConaughey and Harrellson's chemistry, Fukunaga's beautifully depressing visual landscape or the way the show caught many people by surprise. The reviewer mentions that season 2 won't sneak up on you like season 1 because of its cast, but um, last time I checked McConaughey and to a lesser extent Harrellson are bigger than anyone in season 2 minus possibly Colin Ferrell.

Yeah, while you can say McConaughey's mainstream awareness didn't really hit until True Detective, a lot of people already knew the guy was back since he regained his focus in 2011 and were excited for him starring in TD alongside Harrelson.

TKOK

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Sactown
thank you for saying this because I came in here to say this exactly. This reviewer does NOTHING but compare season 2 to season 1, which is abso-fukking-lutely not what you should do as a reviewer. OBVIOUSLY nothing can fukking stack up to McConaughey and Harrellson's chemistry, Fukunaga's beautifully depressing visual landscape or the way the show caught many people by surprise. The reviewer mentions that season 2 won't sneak up on you like season 1 because of its cast, but um, last time I checked McConaughey and to a lesser extent Harrellson are bigger than anyone in season 2 minus possibly Colin Ferrell.
Not sure how season 2 can sneak up on someone, since the show was so big last year.

I think it's gonna hard to compare it to season 1 simply cause of how different i'm thinking the setting/story and characters will be. Maybe if you are going strictly on which you liked more.

HookersandIceCream

#TeamOrange
Daps
Reppin
Wherever whores go.....
This is getting panned in reviews
giphy.gif

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
This is getting panned in reviews
I haven't seen it getting panned. A bunch of reviewers are saying it's good but they aren't sure how the story is going to evolve or where it is going. It's obviously going to miss a lot of charm provided by mcconaughey, harrellson and fukunaga, but I'm sure it'll still be good.

Francis White

i been away to long, my feeling died.
Daps
Reppin
New York, New York
Haven't posted much in this thread . Yet. After the first episode airs I post just enough not to get banned. Also that opening has jewels in it. Carcoso is everywhere.