Tried my PS4 Pro on my family’s 4K UHD tv and wasn’t that impressed

Yade

BigJohnsons lol
Daps
Or it hasn't been enabled in the settings menu. Each HDMI port needs to set set specifically to output HDR

CYQUPDBh.jpg
I have a samsung
I think my moms is leaving today so I’m gonna check it out , I’m gonna update the thread

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
I have a samsung
I think my moms is leaving today so I’m gonna check it out , I’m gonna update the thread

To use HDR on your display, you'll need to turn on "HDMI UHD Color" within your TV's settings. Bear in mind that these settings are applied on a per-port basis, meaning you'll have to manually enable the feature for each HDMI port.

1. Press the Settings button on your TV's remote
  2. Select Picture.
  3. Scroll all the way down to Expert Settings or Picture Options.
  4. Navigate to the HDMI UHD Color section. Each of the available HDMI ports should now be listed on-screen.
  5. Turn on HDMI UHD Color for the ports of your choosing. Although enabling this with standard content may lead to some minor issues, it's usually safe to turn on the feature for all available ports.

Make sure you're playing a HDR capable game as well.

Yade

BigJohnsons lol
Daps
And you're playing a HDR capable game?
Yeah I’m loading Red Dead

My only thing is .... am I expecting to much ? Like when I select the highest setting on YouTube for my phone it comes out pretty smooth , I expect the gameplay on my Pro to be just as smooth , maybe I’m expecting to much

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps

My only thing is .... am I expecting to much ? Like when I select the highest setting on YouTube for my phone it comes out pretty smooth , I expect the gameplay on my Pro to be just as smooth , maybe I’m expecting to much

Turn off the hdr setting in the tv and see if there's a difference. If not, i would say that you have an obsolete hdmi cable. Yes, you should see a difference.

Yade

BigJohnsons lol
Daps
Turn off the hdr setting in the tv and see if there's a difference. If not, i would say that you have an obsolete hdmi cable. Yes, you should see a difference.
I should use a HDMI 2.0 right ?
That’s why it came with I belive

Daps
Reppin
NULL

HDR varies from content to content, its not created equal. Red Dead has fake HDR, probably gonna make the game look worst

Horizon Zero Dawn, Infamous Second Son, and Final Fantasy XV are example of games where HDR makes a huge difference moreso than the resolution bump