elizjon

Pro
Daps
In retrospect it put over Randy Orton and Bautista
He absolutely made Orton look like a fakkit in the feud they had. Orton had to RKO a white bytch then challenge the Undertaker to make people not see him as a relic anymore.

The only two that came out of HHH’s reign of terror unscathed were Benoit and Batista. (His best accomplishment)

ALSO

I can’t think of anything that Roman did that was as egregious as HHH’s run in 02-03 whenever he had that disgusting feud with Kane, refusing to put RVD over whenever he was easily the top babyface on Raw at the time, 2 garbage matches with Steiner, cutting that racist promo on Booker T just to make him look like a joke by pinning him after 18 seconds, a pointless ass feud with Nash that didn’t need the WHC involved at all, then the feud with Goldberg that made him not want to renew his contract after WM XX.

The only run you can probably compare this to is Cena’s from 05-14. Roman’s reign is just a byproduct of the lack of true stars and shytty booking in today’s wrestling.

elizjon

Pro
Daps
Roman not putting down the hottest acts in the company month after month. The only two people that imo could/should have beat him were Cody & Drew Mac.

He also isn’t taking up 20 minutes of the show every week with a wack ass promo.

If you only saw the latter half of HHH’s run then you literally missed the worst of it. But here’s a great recap:

If Cody beat Roman then he’d be getting boos from the crowd by now for being a cookie cutter babyface. And they’re over a decade too late with Drew McIntyre he should’ve been an established upper mid carder/main eventer by 2011.

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
Also, Roman doesn’t come across like a chicken shyt punk ass p*ssy like HHH, Jarrett, or even MJF.

When he says he gonna do something he does it. He’s legit, like Mayweather.
:what: He’s had help in defeating almost every opponent that he’s faced. I get it… he’s a heel, and he still puts in work, but saying he doesn’t come off as a chicken shyt heel isn’t accurate.

With that being said, I’ll take Roman (2020-present) over HHH (2002-2005.) Hunter’s time made me quit watching RAW and go strictly to Smackdown for a long time. Looking back and reading recaps, every Monday Night RAW centered around HHH and one person pointed that he would have almost 30 minutes of screen time every week. RAW was his playground.

Roman’s time as champ has been pretty compelling although they need to wrap it up by WM next year (I don’t think Jey is winning at SummerSlam.) Don’t let this get stale like the nWo storyline eventually got.