TRIANGLE STRATEGY (PC, Switch) (March 4, 2022) (PC on October 13, 2022)

Champion

#RxLife #UCF #FAMU
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town to Tampa
You can tell most of Square's non-AAA resources migrated to mobile over the last few years. All these games have the same damn rollout.

Project Code Names
Surveys
And let Nintendo handle the publishing

They really got these nikkas working on a shoestring budget.:mjlol:

MischievousMonkey

Gor bu dëgër
Daps
This looks VERY good. I didn't finish Octopath Traveller, even there was good things in it. I already know the music will be fire.

This one though... Seems right up my alley. I liked Fire Emblem Three Houses a lot.

The decision part of the game with the vote and persuasion system :whoo:
The tactical fights and importance of terrain and positioning :gladbron:

If there is a good story on top of it :whoo:

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
This looks VERY good. I didn't finish Octopath Traveller, even there was good things in it. I already know the music will be fire.

This one though... Seems right up my alley. I liked Fire Emblem Three Houses a lot.

The decision part of the game with the vote and persuasion system :whoo:
The tactical fights and importance of terrain and positioning :gladbron:

If there is a good story on top of it :whoo:

You play FFT?

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Disclaimer: I typically hate playing demo’s because i feel a bit disengaged from the overall plot, and games like this plot and characters are kind of important. So, a lot of this stuff may be far more interesting with more context of having played 10 hours prior to these events.

I just beat the battle on the bridge, it’s...hmmmm decent.

I think its the art style that kind of bugs me at the moment. I wish the aesthetic were a bit more high res/hand drawn and not 16 bit era sprites. Something about blown up pixel art on a 4k tv is kind of hard on the eyes. Maybe this is the kind of game you play in handheld mode.

I thought the actual fight i played was challenging enough, i like the team attacks and building up your special skill attacks. I think the camera needs work, The actual objective was straight out of the original Final Fantasy tactics. Also so that was funny.

The free roam was kind of jarring. Not sure whether i like it or not.

Overall I’m sure I’ll buy this game just cause I’m a huge fan of the genre but right now I’m overall just cool with it. I’m gonna play some more.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Haven't had the chance, is it similar?

It's basically the godfather of every game like this.

If you like tactical RPGs, start there (or Fire Emblem 9) and come back here. So far this game is pretty much straight out of the Final Fantasy Tactics handbook. Since this doesn't drop until next year, you have time to check it out. So far, I'd say FFT is better than what I've seen in this demo, but who knows how the full game will turn out

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

If you like tactical RPGs, start there (or Fire Emblem 9) and come back here. So far this game is pretty much straight out of the Final Fantasy Tactics handbook. Since this doesn't drop until next year, you have time to check it out. So far, I'd say FFT is better than what I've seen in this demo, but who knows how the full game will turn out

Still chasing the ghost of Final Fantasy Tactics 23 years later

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

tumblr_ne6dzlzefH1rpkja4o2_250.gifv

tumblr_m6vnc8db0N1qe2qqzo1_250.gifv

untouchable. I replay the story every 3 years with different job combos:banderas:
cloud was such a bum in this game.:no: Almost as bad as Umaro n Gogo from FFVI.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
tumblr_ne6dzlzefH1rpkja4o2_250.gifv

tumblr_m6vnc8db0N1qe2qqzo1_250.gifv

untouchable. I replay the story every 3 years with different job combos:banderas:
cloud was such a bum in this game.:no: Almost as bad as Umaro n Gogo from FFVI.

Only because you get him so late. I used the emulator cheats to get him in chapter 1 and he decimates everything with the buster sword

ZI played another battle in this game last night and I’m not sure how to feel about it really. I love teh idea of a new tactics game by square enix but a lot of this stuff feels half baked. It’s kind of wild to me a game hasn’t had the level of polish and charm that FFT had and it’s over 20 years old already. Not even the game boy/ds games and i liked those.

The dialogue and voice acting in this game is kind of exhausting to listen to. Maybe because its a demo and I’m not invested in teh story like that but it needs a Ffwd button or something. It’s boring.

And I don’t like the sprites combined with the 3d backgrounds. It hurts my eyes. Why couldn’t they make it look like FFT/LUCT with higher res and more animated sprites?

Just kill all my dreams of ever getting a real successor to this game.