Treasury to announce that Harriet Tubman will replace Andrew Jackson on $20 bill

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
I don't even want to hear white folks reaction on this one. Its like they drum up new ways for folks to get mad at us and we don't have any control over what's being put out there.

Plus not to sound wrong but, love my sistas... do they have any pics of Tubman dressed up a bit?

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Breh, there is nothing you can do to educate me on this subject lol.

Slavery was a mechanism of capitalism, not the only mechanism. Its the same reason someone could be for reparations and for or against outsourcing and illegal labor in 2016.

Everyone overlooks the moral component in this...... in regards to Harriet Tubman.... if the U.S. government had given proper reparations to ex slaves then I can see no one having a problem with this..... but since that never occurred...... I definitely understand why a lot of people would side eye it

Last edited:

Nate Dawg

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Shoutout to all the prudent black folks who understand that this simple gesture of putting Harriet on the $20 does close to nill for the variety of social issues we still face to this day.

We can, in fact, both celebrate an important historical figure being printed on money and still be privy to the fact that black lives are still considered lesser than.

No one's jumping around for joy here. We're just approving of the representation of black history on a currency note. That's all.

Daps
I like this because it removes andrew jackson off the bill. i dont like this because it seems like a way for oppressors to go 'see? see? WE DO NICE THING FOR YOU PEOPLE'

the intentions are disgusting. why shouldnt the currency of the government who has marginalized black people for centuries reflect their evil leaders and their history? this is pandering

not to mention having the federal reserve issue notes with jacksons face on them is hilarious in a historically ironic way.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
I don't even want to hear white folks reaction on this one. Its like they drum up new ways for folks to get mad at us and we don't have any control over what's being put out there.

Plus not to sound wrong but, love my sistas... do they have any pics of Tubman dressed up a bit?

man, I don't even think a painting of her exist without her wearing that damn du-rag. :snoop:

Paradise50

Superstar
Daps
Everyone overlooks the moral component in this...... in regards to Harriet Tubman.... if the U.S. government had given proper reparations to ex slaves then I can see no one having a problem with this..... but since that never occurred...... I definitely understand why a lot of people would side eye it

we bump heads but well said :patrice:

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
i've seen this before but ran across it yesterday and bookmarked it. these goons stay at war around the globe, just like the roman and british empires.

America Has Been At War 93% of the Time – 222 Out of 239 Years – Since 1776
Posted on February 20, 2015 by WashingtonsBlog
War-USA-400x293.jpg

The U.S. Has Only Been At Peace For 21 Years Total Since Its Birth

America Has Been At War 93% of the Time - 222 Out of 239 Years - Since 1776 Washington's Blog
This needs its own thread.