Treasury to announce that Harriet Tubman will replace Andrew Jackson on $20 bill

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
But this current system of capitalism in america was funded by slavery.....

Breh, there is nothing you can do to educate me on this subject lol.

Slavery was a mechanism of capitalism, not the only mechanism. Its the same reason someone could be for reparations and for or against outsourcing and illegal labor in 2016.

No Sleep

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Souf Caro
or she could say do both:ohhh:

hoteps:mjlol:

I don't think she would put herself first. I honestly don't think she would be acceptance of what blacks are dealing with in this country to want to go on money. You don't know and I don't know it's just what I feel.

That Hotep shyt suppose to be funny lol ... I got something for you though.

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
Breh, there is nothing you can do to educate me on this subject lol.

Slavery was a mechanism of capitalism, not the only mechanism. Its the same reason someone could be for reparations and for or against outsourcing and illegal labor in 2016.
Yeas and thats why i fukks with you...you bring structured and sound arguments and rebuttals to the table.

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
I don't think she would put herself first. I honestly don't think she would be acceptance of what blacks are dealing with in this country to want to go on money. You don't know and I don't know it's just what I feel.

You've displayed a level of thinking so dumb that no one should care what you think.

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
Yeas and thats why i fukks with you...you bring structured and sound arguments and rebuttals to the table.

All I'm saying is Harriet Tubman would've never helped the union and instead moved to Ghana if people were to believe some of the characterizations in this thread.

Calmye

Cali born Cali bred
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
Next will probably be a Native American on the 50 or the 100.

We might even get different faces all around on everything. Maybe Change will stay the same but it might not just stop at the $20 Bill
There is going to be a grip of females on the back of the 5 bill

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
1. Just because racist are pissed off, doesn't mean I should be celebrating the news. This completely ignores context.
2. If the treasury gave those reasons, it would be applauded, because people would be like, "Damn they actually want to honor her the right way." How would you answer the treasury's comments if they said they wouldn't put her on money because of those reasons?

This is not backlash because you put a black person on currency. You could've put Madam CJ Walker and it would've been met with applause. Your memorial to a freed slave, is going to be a picture - on an item used to buy and sell things - taken of her while freeing slaves, from being bought and sold like things. It's crazy.

You wouldn't name an USS carrier after a pacifist.