Treasury to announce that Harriet Tubman will replace Andrew Jackson on $20 bill

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Why does this feel wrong to you
I get it, but the USA kinda introduced this "issue" when Franklin was on the $100...cause at some point you open up the money to people who weren't IN government.

Its gonna be interesting in the next 100 years who does or does not get on the bill :patrice:

I knew Tubman was huge, but history has never elevated her to this level. I mean, not even MLK is on the dollar. I mean what are we saying?

that being said, i'm all for it...it just feels weird in the sense of "America"

The Odum of Ala Igbo

Hail Biafra!
Daps
Reppin
The Republic of Biafra
Harriet Tubman fought against slavery, not capitalism...Though related, there is a distinction...the fact that there were plenty of abolitionist who wanted to preserve the union and practice capitalism should have illustrated this.

During Reconstruction, former slaves wanted to be capitalists. They weren't reading Das Capital. They were trying to own land, start businesses and other black-run/owned institutions.

Don't confuse the class struggle with the race struggle. Race comes first.

Sithlord Piff

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
LA
CghDYoNUUAAOFiT.jpg:large

Those white tears will make me some bomb lemon ice tea :sas2:

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This corny

Yep that is some true bull shyt. On some yeah you can be happy but as always we in the background making sure shyt is right or just pulling the got damn strings.

Anyway this is at least a symbol that the sista Tubman should have been fukking received.

I am gonna a go to the bank and tell them MFs give me nothing but 20s when her bill is finally in circulation. Don't care if I take 10k out them suckers gonna give me all 20s..:win:

KENNY DA COOKER

HARD ON HOES is not a word it's a LIFESTYLE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
F
:dead: the FEDERAL RESERVE stay pissing white people off....

first 50 AND BANKS breakup
trump shake things up
Africa bambatta is gay
now TUBMAN will be the face of our PAY..........

JULY FUKKERY 2.0

New Username

Staff Member
Supporter
Daps
No idea how this got approved. Nobody else sees the irony in putting a freed slave on an item used for the buying and selling of goods?

Doesn't this sound like some shyt you would've heard about back during slavery? Wouldn't you, if you owned a slave based economy, put them on the money to signify the value of your goods?:
Buyer: Hey sir, how much is that there bottle of gin
Seller: It's going for 2 of those light skinned blacks.
Buyer: I only have one of these old black women
Seller: That'll do. Here's your change back sir. *hands over copper coins with faces of native americans*

Putting a freed slave on cotton(money isn't made from paper)