Treasury to announce that Harriet Tubman will replace Andrew Jackson on $20 bill

Xerces

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Texas
Don't care about the faces on them now, won't care who's on them tomorrow, so on and so forth.

What I do care about, is if when I go buy stuff I have enough of it in my account.

You could put no faces on there, wouldn't care. You could put tv characters on there, wouldn't care

• Dap
Reactions: IVS

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
nikkas ain't GOT to be over the moon about this shyt. I'm seeing Black folks calling other Black folks who aren't praising Jesus about this every insult under the sun :heh:
This is just odd.

I went on twitter and the same jokes being made here are being made there.
The whole situation just makes me uncomfortable.

Did Harriet really devote her life for this?

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
What I'm saying is, Black people have been manipulated and oppressed in the United States since their arrival for the express purpose of accumulating wealth/capital for the state (the country as a whole, not individual states)/owner class. Both "free" and "slave" states profited off of slavery, so the distinctions between the two from a political-economic standpoint is somewhat misleading. And putting Harriet Tubman, who dedicated her life to ending the exploitation of Black people by said state/owner class, on the $20 bill is just the most meaningless, inappropriate gesture

Harriet Tubman fought against slavery, not capitalism...Though related, there is a distinction...the fact that there were plenty of abolitionist who wanted to preserve the union and practice capitalism should have illustrated this.

Pitfalls0117

Invokana Trump
Daps
Reppin
NJ->BOS->DC
The way this conversation is going, we're about to throw out reparations too.

"Our heroes wouldn't want us taking none of that dirty money that was made off of their oppression - keep it for yourselves!" :heh:
You can demand reparations in land rather than in money, like the Republic of New Afrika was trying to do.
Look at Africa--all that aid money ("reparations")--has been badly mismanaged and has done nothing to improve the lives of the average person.
With land comes bread to feed the people, and a sense of dignity and ownership.
That's why the Black Panther Party's 10 Point Program had such an emphasis on land redistribution: Black Panther's Ten-Point Program
Watch the documentary "Concerning Violence," and look out for Thomas Sankara (the former revolutionary president of Burkina Faso, who was assassinated by pro-Western factions). What he says about foreign aid is particularly revealing. I would post the link if I could find one, but it's probably out there somewhere

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
:mindblown::mindblown::mindblown:
She's a fukkn freed slave

This has nothing to do with being antimoney.

I'm out. This concept that black bodies were commodities doesn't make sense to you at all. Dueces.
This shyt is sad af man.....
:snoop:

Im definitely out of this bytch next year...
Now the White supremacist will say. "See...racism is in the past, we have a Black President AND a Black face on our money":beli:
Why are we so easily bought?
Why are we so easily impressed?
Why arent our fukking standards higher?

:snoop:

Daps
I can feel the heat from a million enraged cacs already
full
ol "that's it I'm leaving the country:sadbron:" ass crackas
I think it's an upgrade but what she really did for us is most definitely priceless and can't be quantified by a mere 20 bucks :blessed:

Finna start using 20's for everything now :blessed:

:dead:

Cashier- "Umm sir, you know those chips are only 50 cents:usure:"

Turk-"I know :youngsabo:"

Cashier-:beli:

fukk Andrew Jackson, they could leave the front blank and it would be an improvement but it's about time we diversified the faces on our currency.

Should've been Kobe though. Yes Harriet Tubman saved lives but she has zero rings and never put up 81. Plus she was a system player.

The Coli.com y'all :troll: :mjlol:

Last edited:

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
Harriet Tubman fought against slavery, not capitalism...Though related, there is a distinction...the fact that there were plenty of abolitionist who wanted to preserve the union and practice capitalism should have illustrated this.
But this current system of capitalism in america was funded by slavery.....

This is why the two are interwined
I'd say slavery was the undeniable extreme of capitalism. Using undocumented bodies stripped of their nationality and homeland from another continent to build up the financial and physical infrastructure of America.

It doesnt get anymore capitalistic than that and its constantly reflected in this country's love of cheap labor (prison, low wage paying jobsp) and exploiting undocumented peoples for their own gain (hispanic/mexican immigration whether legal or illegal).

keond

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATLANTA
To you and others, notice how coincidently this news is released right after that injustice yesterday? Trying divert our attention from that injustice to give us something to cheer about. Her face being on a fukking $20 is useless right now.

There's a war going on right now, no black man's safe from.

Thats two separate issues. I was speaking to her character your talking about the timing.