Treadmill incline question from a fat man: Low incline vs high incline

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
I'm not that familiar with treadmills (since I usually run outside) so I didn't pay much attention to the incline numbers. Does "10" mean 10% incline? If so :dahell:.

If you plug in the numbers:
How to Calculate an Elevation Gain for a Treadmill | Livestrong.com

The OP would have to be climbing over 2000 ft in 30 min running at 8MPH . :damn::dead:.

Interesting thread, but :troll:.
Breh is breaking all the records, too bad he missed out on the NFL combine :francis:

But jokes and fake incline/speed numbers aside @Fatboy_ no need to go that hard at your weight. Have a little bit of an incline but you're better off taking it slower now and avoiding injuries. For every 1 pound you have it's 4 pounds of pressure on your knees. So going 9 mph uphill at 275 pounds will absolutely ruin your knees.

Fatboy_

Pro
Daps
Reppin
New York
Breh is breaking all the records, too bad he missed out on the NFL combine :francis:

But jokes and fake incline/speed numbers aside @Fatboy_ no need to go that hard at your weight. Have a little bit of an incline but you're better off taking it slower now and avoiding injuries. For every 1 pound you have it's 4 pounds of pressure on your knees. So going 9 mph uphill at 275 pounds will absolutely ruin your knees.

i over calculated in my OP post i guess it felt like 5 minutes to me but in reality im doing 10 percent incline and running at 8 mph for around 30 secs straight then i lower the incline to around 6.4 then when im feeling good i push myself back up to 8mph again. i do that everyday until my legs start buckling up which is around the 100 calories completed mark.

ive been watching my calories for the most part.. though last week wasnt the greatest for me i had chinese but it was just a small chicken broccoli and i had kfc last night but i only had a leg and small wing with some mashed potatoes but other than that ive cut back on things ill treat myself to a snack here and there

Canada Goose

Pooping on your head :umad:
Daps
Reppin
New York City
i can run outdoors but i live in new york and its mad dog sh*t on the ground out here i rather stick to a tredmill
I live in NY as well. Central Park, Hudson River Park and Prospect Park are all great places to run, little to dog poop on the ground. In these parks plenty of ppl jogging. However I go for long walks in these parks and leave the running for the treadmill at the gym, just my personal preference :manny:

Last edited:

Fatboy_

Pro
Daps
Reppin
New York
I live in NY as well. Central Park, Hudson River Park and Prospect Park are all great places to run, little to dog poop on the ground. In these pakrs plenty of ppl jogging. However I go for long walks in these parks and leave the running for the treadmill at the gym, just my personal preference :manny:

lol i was trollin in that post. im in queens theirs plently places to run but in all honesty im not a guy that just wants to be out there i like staying to myself so ill probably never do the runs outside or the gym. if i can make progress in my crib even its at slower rate im cool with that