Travis Scott - Utopia July 28th

Straw Hat Luffy

Veteran
Daps
“It’s a bad idea for an artist to create a product that can create tons of revenue” — the coli dot com
That doesn’t answer his question

As someone who goes to festivals, I actually like attending the music that provides quality content

He will make money off the Cacs and 15 year olds but not from me

Because this shyt is ASSSSSSS

Don Homer

Molto Bene
Supporter
Daps
This is the most boring Travis project and Im a fan of the nikka

This is a chore to listen to got damn
yeah it's long and has literally zero substance. empty ass calories. his last major solo project was half a decade ago. you expect to hear some growth, but... :francis:

I actually liked the beginning of Skitzo, but it went on too long, changed beats unnecessarily, and ended with a freestyle that wasn't particularly good, and so i was like :martin:

Astroslik

Veteran
Daps
It’s honestly eerie, how Scott manages to avoid conveying any actual thoughts, opinions, insights, or even really basic humanity. There’s no worldview in a Scott verse, no perspective or lived experience. Every verse is an empty stream of predictive text.

His music has always been like this, it has it's moments, this is going to come off like dumb flex, but flew private and what was the first song I played when we were taking off? Just ran's Drake's verse back 5x."hit the FBO with duffels in my hand" So, I appreciate it for what it is, but don't really pay a lot of attention to it.
Its not that deep. Just enjoy the vibe

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
It’s funny how nikkas take criticism of Travis lyrics as “you want him to be Nas”

Trust me there’s a long road between “I like a bi girl on a bicycle” and Nas

Travis makes Drake sound like Socrates
Rap has always been about how you say something not what you say

ItWasWritten

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Scriptures
What an experience :blessed: :blessed:

Not as good as ASTROWORLD

But good none the less

I treat Travis rapping/singing like an instrument … always have… I don’t know one quotable …

But when the YOUNG bol is mumbling, humming, ad-libbing over these exotic beats I just … :whew::whew::whew:… I keep:wow::wow::wow:, I just got to another place….

Wish I had a name to describe it …

Oh wait … of course ….

U T O P I A

8.5/10

:blessed:

JoelB

All Praise To TMH
Daps
Reppin
PHI 2 ATL
yeah it's long and has literally zero substance. empty ass calories. his last major solo project was half a decade ago. you expect to hear some growth, but... :francis:

I actually liked the beginning of Skitzo, but it went on too long, changed beats unnecessarily, and ended with a freestyle that wasn't particularly good, and so i was like :martin:

I agree. This sounds like he found some leftover reference tracks he didnt give to Kanye and said ":manny: fukk it, ill record em myself"