fetchimage

And Aubrey don’t really want that smoke :childplease:
Go home and be a family man nikka:childplease:

cartierhoe

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
South Florida
Ran this at the gym about an hour ago, mid af. And this is coming from someone who been fukking with Travis since Owl Pharoah, even Birds got some joints that I'll go back to every once in a while, but this? Idk

cartierhoe

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
South Florida
Ya'll trying to flip this and blow it up into something that it isn't, like it's "different".

This ain't Travis going in a "whole new direction" like how Kanye did, this is simply mid music with no direction :mjlol:
I see people comparing this to Yeezus (and I can hear the influence clearly, especially with some of the drums on a few of these) but I'm still like:unimpressed:

Yeezus (and this is gonna be an unpopular opinion, especially on this website) was ACTUALLY GOOD

diggy

Florida Man
Supporter
Daps
I will keep spinning this and see what grows on me :dame:

Regardless, I always like the engineering/production and how some songs got 2 to 3 different beats on it.

Um. Ghouls

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The climb
Outside of Modern Jam sounding like I Am A God, I'm not seeing the Yeezus comparisons. Funny enough both tracks were produced by Daft Punk. The rest of the album def has Kanye influences but reminds me more of Donda and Pablo.

It's...eh. Few good songs, especially the last two. My issue is Travis is basically making AI music. There's no real thought or emotion here. I'm not saying I want conscious shyt from Travis Scott, let's get that out first. But he's not even reaching a basic level of personable. For instance Drake would tell you the resort he's at, the island he's on, and the type of yacht he's on. It would be brag raps but you get the sense it's an actual person doing shyt. Most of this album feels like a collection of reference tracks, lyrically. There is no theme. There's just...nothing there. And I think that's why the features stand out so much. Drake comes out swinging with a dope, emotional verse - shyt talking about real tangible things. Future is great on here, SZA is great on here, Beyonce is great on here. But they all sound like solo tracks for those artists. They don't sound like features because they completely outshine the main artist.

All of this makes that K-Pop track even worse. It sounds like a track he simply bought for the album, tacked a verse on and called it a day. But then you realize that's really what most of the album sounds like - just less expensive than Weeknd/Bunny. He bought (or jacked) some beats, added some adlibs and generic phrases, and there we go.
That's his style though. He's on his curator shyt and that makes the features stand out in an event-like fashion. Gonna do #s

Born Rich

triple entendre, don't ask me how...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
W$GT$
the God’s Country music video is beautiful and message is :wow:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Got to about track 11 and really liked it.
Gives me heavy Kanye vibes, feels like a kanye album that would come after MDTBF but before TLOP

Crayola Coyote

Superstar
Daps
Completed the album

It looks like I was right on a few of the features but was wrong or didn't identify the majority of them

Very confused how sheck wes keeps sneaking onto these major albums with major artists but he himself hasn't produced a hit since mo bamba. He must be very busy and well connected behind closed doors.
Thank you!! I’m confused as this man has a large fan base at his concerts. I seen him 4x, lots people go ape shyt for him like brah he hasn’t dropped anything hot. :leon:

Crayola Coyote

Superstar
Daps
3 of the songs (God's Country, Delresto and Telekinis) were literally kanye songs that leaked some while ago, the song Circus Maximus is produced by the same guy that produced black skinhead and uses the same drum pattern, the song modern Jam uses an earlier version of the beat which became I am A God off Yeezus, and kanye has writing/production credits on Thank God. You might not hear the influence but it's by a matter of fact there.

I knew that track sounded like black skinhead