Trailer for Fred Hampton film "Judas and the Black Messiah"

kingofnyc

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boogie Down BX

“Kidnapped Africans ended up all around the world,” King added.

see this is the type of shyt that pisses me off and this is why I probably would never take this dude & this Pan African Diaspora shyt seriously ... when nikkaz start off with kidnapping

my reaction is ......

70na.gif

kingofnyc

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boogie Down BX
You really think he looked like Malcolm? :dwillhuh:

Malcolm was a redskin man with auburn hair. That doesn't matter though...Denzel is good enough actor that you don't care about any of that shyt.

:mjlol: so we now comparing the acting of Daniel to Denzel ...... come on my nikka :russ:

and beside da skin complexion the phenotype is damn near identical

DC8piP3XkAAroq4

K.O.N.Y

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NEW YORK CITY
"It was always a priority that we cast as authentically as possible. One of my problems with a lot of New York movies is that you don’t see a lot of West Indian presence. All I grew up around was West Indians so I wanted to include them in my movie. When you see West Indians in movies they’re always played by non-West Indians and it’s always just like “hey man.” I can’t stand when I see that so I wanted to cast authentically and it was difficult. Sharon [Hope] was really the only actress we met who met that. Her family is West Indian. She was born and raised in the U.S, but because she has family in Jamaica, she was able to draw from experience. And she was amazing, absolutely amazing."

DIVERSITY SPEAKS: Newlyweeds Director Shaka King On How He Got His Debut Feature Made - Film Independent
So people just gon skip over this post:stopitslime:

blalienz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Right now, nowhere
Finally watched the trailer
accent didnt really bother me
This movie is more about this informant that Fred Hampton
I'm tellin yall this movie will be bullshyt just like the Harriet movie
"judas AND the black messiah"?
so william oneil AND Fred Hampton:dahell: why the traitor name come first?
and they made sure to get that rainbow coalition bullshyt in there:mjpls:
yea i know he kinda talked about that in real life but he was wrong

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:mjlol: so we now comparing the acting of Daniel to Denzel ...... come on my nikka :russ:

and beside da skin complexion the phenotype is damn near identical

DC8piP3XkAAroq4

I'm not comparing the acting. What I'm saying is actors put their own twists on characters all the time. If the acting is dope, then who cares?

Denzel is the man but he puts his own twist on every acting role he does. That's why we all love him.

I haven't seen the movie so I can't criticize Daniel's acting but he is no slouch as an actor. I think the Daniel hate stems from the fact that he's not American. Which I get.

Folk act like Hampton's voice is easy to copy. It isn't.

El Bombi

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:martin:

for the record I haven’t seen the movie ‘queen and slim’ but his other 2 movies which he’s most known for ‘get out‘ and ‘Black Panther’ he was nothing more than average

:yeshrug:

Yeah, I don't get this notion of him being this so-called,"Great Actor".

A lot of these idiots like to put extra on shyt just to be combative.

Squirrel from Meteor Man

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
No issue with the casting but I do think he’s just a decent actor. Looking forward to this though. We need all of our stories told.

Whogivesafuck

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Back in fred hampton times the panthers were using churches and club houses as sort of culture clubs where you could legit see fred hampton rocking a dashiki. Not to mention they were holding clases where they were teaching kids swahili. If people want to be on this "all black American " thing then be that but don't pull our ancestors into that sentiment especially when they wouldn't agree with it. Fred hampton was about rights for black people all over the globe.

And its frustrating because this was supposed to be about reparations and they allowed social media charlatans to convince them somehow black immigrants and shyt like "representation " is somehow a hindrance for black American progression which is ridiculous. People are more worried about movie roles and that is why the push for reparations is dead. So to keep some kind of buzz for these groups they are reduced to this dumb shyt. Smh

The Panthers out west were actively beefing with Culturally Nationalist groups.They didnt like afrocentric organization and the feeling was mutual with US,Red guard etc.