Trailer for Fred Hampton film "Judas and the Black Messiah"

Premeditated

MANDE KANG
Daps
Reppin
IMMIGRANT TETHERS
they pick koon immigrant actors who have already shytted on black american society to play our black american icons and immigrants on thecoli applaud.
giphy.gif

alot of us black AMERICANS aint clapping though. it is what it is.
first day watch:blessed:

Premeditated

MANDE KANG
Daps
Reppin
IMMIGRANT TETHERS
:francis: they couldn’t give this role to Michael B, Chadwick, Cory Hawk or Lakeith S :snoop:
Micheal B couldn't even play a convincing pg Marvel villain. Giving him this role would be like pushing a non swimming dude into the 8ft part of the pool. Lakeith is one dimensional.

The fact is, the Brit is a far better actor than either of those guys

Elle Driver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
At the beginning of mean streets
Micheal B couldn't even play a convincing pg Marvel villain. Giving him this role would be like pushing a non swimming dude into the 8ft part of the pool. Lakeith is one dimensional.

He still shoulda got a dialect coach cause it’s distracting as hell.

George's Dilemma

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Folks in here looking for perfection :pachaha: If the movie is good and it does justice to Hampton's legacy and what transpired, why nitpick? At the very least the film will bring awareness. Folks are so glass half empty on this message board. Rather shoot yourselves in the foot than walk towards anything positive. Amazing. I ain't never watched any biopic and expected an exact replica of an historical figure. I didn't find out who Jimmy the Chin was and then looked at Deniro like :stopitslime: I mean seriously it's a movie for crying out loud. My instincts are telling me folks in here and the morally superior Twitter Black Intellectuals wouldn't be crying and carrying on if the actor was American. Dare I say that four letter acronym.

Something else too, why is everyone on the Coli a damn expert at everything? :mjlol: I see that sh!t in the Booth often enough when an album drops. Everyone all of a sudden is an A&R and knows why this song works and that song doesn't work. Now I'm in here in this thread and we got folks saying who should have played this and that role, and who needs a dialogue coach:heh: Meanwhile not nare one of these resident complainers works in the entertainment industry. And if the movie is a success, which I think it will be, your opinions are moot. Hilarious.

Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas
Who cares what he looks like? Would it be better if he looked like him? Sure but it’s not about how he looks it’s more about the story and the acting. I haven’t seen the movie so I will judge it once I see it.

Denzel didn’t look like Malcolm either.

Let’s judge the movie, not a trailer. People would complain about Michael BJordan too.
In my opinion, Denzel did favor Malcolm. I don't see a personality quality of Kaluuya in Hampton. In fact, LaKeith would probably play a better Fred Hampton than Kaluuya. Just an opinion though.
:manny:

Edit:

It's about demeanor. I don't see voice pattern or recognition in him.

Elle Driver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
At the beginning of mean streets
I guess.

he was never going to sound like Hampton. I wanted Nate Parker to take this role, but beside the accent, I think he will get the nuance right
Nate Parker is black balled. I don’t really care that he’s not AA, wasn’t no outrage with Will Smith and his atrocious accent :russ:I think Daniel is an alright actor.

kingofnyc

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boogie Down BX

:martin:

for the record I haven’t seen the movie ‘queen and slim’ but his other 2 movies which he’s most known for ‘get out‘ and ‘Black Panther’ he was nothing more than average

:yeshrug: