Trailer for Fred Hampton film "Judas and the Black Messiah"

invalid

Banned
Daps
Is Daniel ready to talk about race now? The last time he was asked, he said that race was ‘boring” but he has the nerve to play Fred Hampton. Not watching.

This year’s Oscars and Bafta shortlists received heavy criticism for their lack of diversity, but Kaluuya said he did not want to be pushed into becoming a spokesperson for black actors. “What is there to talk about race? It’s just boring to me. What’s the debate? I’m more of a doer. I’m just going to do what I want to do.”

Imagine side swiping a discussion about black inclusion & saying that the topic is boring. SMH

Actor Daniel Kaluuya says he is tired of being asked about race

I typically wouldn't care about choice of actors but this is problematic. This seems like the type of role that, if it had the right actor who could really resonate with the time/place/struggle, that once he got into the character, he would probably need months of therapy to get out of it. Just getting into that revolutionary mentality seem like it would be hard to break as a black american man, but obviously doesn't appear to resonate the same way with others that haven't been through the struggle. I don't know.:yeshrug:

kwazzy100

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Only in theaters? Are they trying to get us sick?

:gucci:

And Jessie Plemons is only 32

Jesse-Plemons-interview-gq-november-2019-110419.jpg

:huhldup:

Didn't even bother to lose a few pounds for El Camino

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
I just noticed something/someone thats going to cause a lot of controversy in regards to this movie. It happened real quick but you can see a certain actor and how he's dressed.....oh boy thecoli wont let this movie live :sadcam::damn:

The hint to what its about is @Trav

Figure out the rest yourselves.

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Also dude looks nothing at all like Fred Hampton. Better off using dude from lovecraft country or Michael B Jordan.

Who cares what he looks like? Would it be better if he looked like him? Sure but it’s not about how he looks it’s more about the story and the acting. I haven’t seen the movie so I will judge it once I see it.

Denzel didn’t look like Malcolm either.

Let’s judge the movie, not a trailer. People would complain about Michael BJordan too.