Trade 3 Firsts and a 3rd for a 4th Brehs - Official 2023 San Francisco 49ers Season Thread!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Explain this to me. Purdy comes in and immediately the team starts putting up 34 PPG. A big reason was CMC but if you watched the games, Purdy is extending plays with his feet, he's looking downfield... he opened everything up. Way more than Jimmy ever did.

So do I think Purdy is this special talent, no not really. But he outplayed Jimmy. The team was a juggernaut. Trey was struggling in a battle for QB2 with Sam Darnold.

I'm not sure what we're discussing here. "They better hope Purdy does this..." Why? What did Trey or Darnold show that was better than Brock?

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Check Down Brock Sucks. Already throwing ducks all over the place.

Sam is the best QB on the roster, his arm talent way better than Brock. It’s only a matter of time before noodle arm Brock gets benched or gets hurt :manny:

Brocks Washed Coli Breh arm is why he went last in the draft but gee golly willickers he got spunk!!!!

Brocksanity ending and we gonna be in Darnold Season :why:

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Explain this to me. Purdy comes in and immediately the team starts putting up 34 PPG. A big reason was CMC but if you watched the games, Purdy is extending plays with his feet, he's looking downfield... he opened everything up. Way more than Jimmy ever did.

So do I think Purdy is this special talent, no not really. But he outplayed Jimmy. The team was a juggernaut. Trey was struggling in a battle for QB2 with Sam Darnold.

I'm not sure what we're discussing here. "They better hope Purdy does this..." Why? What did Trey or Darnold show that was better than Brock?

Nobody wants to address this because YOU KNOW that I am right about it. :russ:

calh45

Cal
Daps

I've typed this up before. It wasn't Purdy. It was Kyle. Kyle never trusted Jimmy enough after the SB to allow anything other than vanilla with him and Trey was all QB runs with long developing plays which wouldn't have worked given his lack of experience. Purdy was the only one he put in positive positions with his playcalling.

If this was an actual battle for the starting position this off-season instead of gifting the job I'm not sure who would've won it, but making it a lay up for Brock wasn't the best strategy because he's only in his second year and we've seen one year flukes before. This pre-season Brock has looked like Alex Smith with his QB decisions. Lynch clearly let Kyle rock with whatever QB decisions he wanted this year because on the field Darnold wasn't blowing Trey out of the water and Brock has been a check down king.

Purdy isn't a special talent. He is Kyle's preference. Just like Darnold and Allen. This is about the coach getting the QB room he wanted. We're back to the Beathard/Mullen QB room days and we'll know if it's going to go bad pretty quick because the Steelers are looking locked in.

Status
Not open for further replies.