Trade 3 Firsts and a 3rd for a 4th Brehs - Official 2023 San Francisco 49ers Season Thread!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Despite how bad Purdy played throughout the game he did what he had to do at the end.

I know mothafukkas is ready to pounce on him the moment he doesn’t do well.

Purdy was not good today and I expect many excuses to be made for him. I expect him to be better next game. Hopefully we have a healthy CMC.

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:dahell:
He played against one of the best defenses in the league. Lost his best weapons and still drove them down the field when they needed him to.

That's all true, but I wasn't the one calling him elite or MVP. MVP shouldn't struggle like this bruh, that's the point. CMC is the MVP. Brock has had a nice start to his career and we all hope learns from this game and improves. I don't want to hear any elite talk though. Missing players doesn't mean you miss passes.

L@CaT

For Hire Gunslinger!
Daps
He played against one of the best defenses in the league. Lost his best weapons and still drove them down the field when they needed him to.
Maybe he should have done more offensively? Lost to PJ Walker 3rd string QB who threw 2 ints. Yeah this loss is on Brock :ohlawd: :mjgrin:

calh45

Cal
Daps

NOPE. There was space and opportunities for him to make plays. That last drive was Aiyuk getting loose. The defense caused two turnovers. Kyle was happy as hell to tell everyone how highly he's been executing in the past few weeks and we kept hearing it wasn't the weapons. Purdy gets a ton of heat too because as soon as the oft injured weapons got injured the offense just stopped.

This was also clearly a bit of a trap game. The coaching staff on offense at least didn't seem like they took it seriously.

YakSpiller

Superstar
Daps
That's all true, but I wasn't the one calling him elite or MVP. MVP shouldn't struggle like this bruh, that's the point. CMC is the MVP. Brock has had a nice start to his career and we all hope learns from this game and improves. I don't want to hear any elite talk though. Missing players doesn't mean you miss passes.

I never called him elite or MVP either. I just don’t think he should be shyt on after this one game.

Like I said he showed up at a crucial time. He could of easily folded. Especially for someone like him who has never really been in that situation.

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
We got out-physicaled this game as well. We should have actually leaned in more into the running game.

Purdy had a bad game BUT he showed he could play in adversity and got the team in position to win.

Then Jake Moody folded under pressure.

YakSpiller

Superstar
Daps
NOPE. There was space and opportunities for him to make plays. That last drive was Aiyuk getting loose. The defense caused two turnovers. Kyle was happy as hell to tell everyone how highly he's been executing in the past few weeks and we kept hearing it wasn't the weapons. Purdy gets a ton of heat too because as soon as the oft injured weapons got injured the offense just stopped.

This was also clearly a bit of a trap game. The coaching staff on offense at least didn't seem like they took it seriously.

If Moody made that field goal none of that matters:francis: He would be getting praised for driving them down the field after getting dominated by a great defense.

I’m just saying don’t be so quick to turn on him after one game.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Take it easy on running CMC into the ground because he's the heartbeat of our offense? That lesson?
1.- Stop relying on Purdy so much. After CMC got hurt there was no attempt to keep running the ball, which was actually working the first half. We are gonna face heavy pass rush teams in the playoffs, and they will take advantage of our weak ass right side of the OL so we better start preparing for that shyt and not just hope Brock does anticipation throws with pressure on his face all the time. We had no back up plan for him being bad today. Even when Jimmy had his retarded games, we relied on the ground game to save our ass and tried to find our playmakers. Today it was basically "lets hope Brock is Tom Brady" :mjlol:

2.- We gotta learn our kicker is not automatic :manny:

3.- Ray Ray is not Deebo. We can't just plug him in and run plays that are designed for a totally different player.

4.- Use Mason more.
Man, if you asked me in preseason I would have agreed with you, but he seemed to have gotten shyt together in the regular season. I kinda forgot about him to be honest.
Nah man, EVERY kick he does makes a weird movement and seems like it's a little wind gust away from sailing to one side. An away game with all that noise and all that pressure? nothing told me he was ready for that.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
Purdy didnt play well today at all. Multiple throws timing was off and couldve had more picks. Cleveland D played well but yeah...if people wanna call him elite he needs to deliver no matter the circumstances.

He hits that throw to CMC and the game is very different

King Kreole

natural blondie like goku
Daps
That's all true, but I wasn't the one calling him elite or MVP. MVP shouldn't struggle like this bruh, that's the point.
Which MVP frontrunners haven't struggled?

Mahomes played like crap against the Lions and Jets.

Tua looked pedestrian against the Bills.

Josh looked like pure shyt against the Jets.

Trevor was terrible against the Chiefs.

Burrow has been garbage for most of the season.

Brock has the least experience out of any of these guys.

Every "elite" QB has bad games and struggles like this too.

Status
Not open for further replies.