Trade 3 Firsts and a 3rd for a 4th Brehs - Official 2023 San Francisco 49ers Season Thread!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

calh45

Cal
Daps
Here’s how I see it- We don’t play the Lions this year, so the only chance we’d see them is in the playoffs. And the Lions will most likely have to come to Levi’s

And if that happens, I just don’t see Jared Goff beating the Niners defense on the road. He’s 0-5 against them since 2019

They look good now, but so did the Vikings when they won 13 games last year. Then they folded when it mattered. I gotta see the Lions win a playoff game first before I even consider them a legit threat, but that’s just me :manny:

Compare the second half schedule. The Lions is all Bears, Packers, Vikings (who are probably tanking now), Broncos who are definitely tanking after the Ravens. For us, ain't no layups after the Vikings game. If we're playing them in the playoffs it'll probably be in Detroit.

And last time we played a playoff game in a hostile environment with a great defensive line it ain't end so well. We need to get through the second half gauntlet before we get too comfortable with home game playoff talk in the later rounds.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
Yeah, DL is a pipe dream :dame: tackle is unlikely too given the complications of the scheme we run. DB is most likely so I agree. That's if we can trade without giving too much.

How good do you think this Browns defense is? I haven't been too impressed, I actually think they're a notch below the Cowboys from what I've seen. I was gonna watch more later on but I was wondering what your opinion is.
I havent watched that many browns games aside from the steelers one which was a comedy of errors

but their dbs are pretty good - I think better than cowboys after diggs went down...and myles is a monster who moves all around the line

with that said, their stats are a bit skewed. baltimore didnt have to do much on offense the last game, and titans offense stinks

jwonder

Banned
Daps
Reppin
DADE County
Compare the second half schedule. The Lions is all Bears, Packers, Vikings (who are probably tanking now), Broncos who are definitely tanking after the Ravens. For us, ain't no layups after the Vikings game. If we're playing them in the playoffs it'll probably be in Detroit.

And last time we played a playoff game in a hostile environment with a great defensive line it ain't end so well. We need to get through the second half gauntlet before we get too comfortable with home game playoff talk in the later rounds.
Yeah. Detroit schedule is a cake walk. Don't want to play them in Detroit

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile

We are in week fukking 5 breh, how the hell are we supposed to know what's gonna happen in the next 5 weeks, let alone the entire second half of the season :dead:

Let's worry one week at a time. Injuries can derail any team and any moment and that goes for us, the Lions and the Eagles :manny:

Last edited:

d3koms

Rookie
Daps

I don't get the lions hype, they literally beat no one... they need to beat someone before i can say theyre a serious team.

• Dap
Reactions: dza

calh45

Cal
Daps
We are in week fukking 5 breh, how the hell are we supposed to know what's gonna happen in the next 5 weeks, let alone the entire second half of the season :dead:

Let's worry one week at a time. Injuries can derail any team and any moment and that goes for us, the Lions and the Eagles :manny:

I've looked ahead with the schedule for as long as I've been watching football. Being in week 5 means anyone can make assumptions on what we know because we have a good sample to work with. We know who's really terrible and most of them are playing the Lions in the second half because they're playing the AFC West (they already beat the Chiefs and the rest are bad or badly coached) or NFC North (all bad teams) or NFC South (Only the Bucs are good). He said he thinks we'd be playing the Lions at home in the playoffs and I said why I thought they have a path that's much easier than ours.

I said a week or two ago we needed to stack wins now because of the second half of our schedule. I started the season saying we'd have to be ready to beat Philly in Philly, but now the Lions are on that list because they have a schedule advantage when it comes to seeding. This ain't even an overthink or a deep dive. I'm not going to pretend the Bears or Broncos or Vikings are going to pull up from their nose dive just because it's only week 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.