Trade 3 Firsts and a 3rd for a 4th Brehs - Official 2023 San Francisco 49ers Season Thread!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Admiral Ackbar

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay

Dat916nigga

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Purdy was like John Wick ion the field. I’m impressed with the kid and I see great potential in him in this offense

You really can’t ask for much more from Brock right now

If it weren’t for CMC having a 4 TD game Al Bundy-style, everyone would be talking about Brock breaking the team record for highest completion percentage in a game. He’s having a legit Pro Bowl year so far and the offense is still looking unstoppable

That said, these next two games against the Cowboys and Browns defenses will be a real test

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
I still don't understand how some people think last season's playoff exit is Shanny's fault. Yes, I agree that he ran some stupid plays with Trey and Trey got hurt. But the Jimmy injury wasn't his fault. The Purdy injury was literally a freak accident.

You can't lose 3 QB's and still win the NFC Championship. That wasn't gonna happen. That's why I don't get on Shanny for it.

Dat916nigga

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I still don't understand how some people think last season's playoff exit is Shanny's fault. Yes, I agree that he ran some stupid plays with Trey and Trey got hurt. But the Jimmy injury wasn't his fault. The Purdy injury was literally a freak accident.

You can't lose 3 QB's and still win the NFC Championship. That wasn't gonna happen. That's why I don't get on Shanny for it.
When your team loses in a big game, you gotta blame somebody and it was easy to blame Kyle for that one. I get it

I never bought into the “Kyle runs players into the ground” narrative tho. It’s not like we’re the only team to ever deal with major injuries. It’s football and players are gonna get hurt, which isn’t always the coach’s fault :manny:

But “Kyle gets players hurt” and “He’s trash until he wins a SB” are all his critics really have left to downplay the fact that he’s a very good HC. And he’s been in his bag for a while now. We’ve won 16 of our last 17 games :heh:

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
When your team loses in a big game, you gotta blame somebody and it was easy to blame Kyle for that one. I get it

I never bought into the “Kyle runs players into the ground” narrative tho. It’s not like we’re the only team to ever deal with major injuries. It’s football and players are gonna get hurt, which isn’t always the coach’s fault :manny:

But “Kyle gets players hurt” and “He’s trash until he wins a SB” are all his critics really have left to downplay the fact that he’s a very good HC. And he’s been in his bag for a while now. We’ve won 16 of our last 17 games :heh:

I'm just happy the team has been pretty healthy for the most part. So long as that holds we can beat any team in the NFL on any given Sunday. The Cowboys will be our first real test but we have had their number in recent history and I think it will hold.

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ

Heretic

GOLDGANG...
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
:dahell:

This dude Brock missed one pass

ONE!!!

:damn:

I feel like Brock Purdy and GOAT Pac 12 bum can almost read each others minds. It doesn't matter he's open or not Aiyuk is always hit on stride.

Been saying this for over 2 years now. He's damn near unguardable. In that wild card game against Dallas 2 yrs ago, he was open all game against Diggs. Our QB just wouldn't throw it. I'm not gonna lie, he's the most underrated route runner in the league. His cuts be so crispy, I'd hate to guard him one on one.
Honestly I was fine with the.D's performance in this game. With how CMC was going and Purdy not missing a throw, he knew he could take some license in testing out some weaknesses, experimenting with subs and coverages.

I agree. My only concern is the close but no cigar pass rush. They say we get pressure but I'm not seeing pressure that causes the QB to get uncomfortable that often. I kinda think the DC will sort that out but that and Gipson and the right corner are suspect.

Admiral Ackbar

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
just keep 13 and 23 healthy and I love our chances
In every position on offense, this team should rival the 1994 team (Rice is the only one no one can touch). If every player was a consistent threat, this team will run through people. I want more than 13 and 23.

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area
In every position on offense, this team should rival the 1994 team (Rice is the only one no one can touch). If every player was a consistent threat, this team will run through people. I want more than 13 and 23.
We know kittle and deebo are reliable weapons aiyuk is emerging before our eyes its just I see Brock and Cmac as the engines. By seasons end we'll be even more of a balanced attack.

Admiral Ackbar

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
We know kittle and deebo are reliable weapons aiyuk is emerging before our eyes its just I see Brock and Cmac as the engines. By seasons end we'll be even more of a balanced attack.
If only Shanny wasn't so stubborn and would let a RB2 develop.

Status
Not open for further replies.