Trade 3 Firsts and a 3rd for a 4th Brehs - Official 2023 San Francisco 49ers Season Thread!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Already doesn't have the greatest arm and got away with a lot of dropped picks last season. If his arm isn't full strength, do not rush him back.
He can’t throw everyday so we know he’s not 100%. All they’re going to do is get him injured

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Nicca we’ll come through and put another crack in The Liberty Bell.
lmao-dead.gif

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
Excited to see Trey start. I think he is going to shine this pre season game. We do not need to rush Purdy back and I don't understand this regimes need to start him so quickly. Let Trey start the first 3 or 4 games they are all winnable especially with this defense on the field.

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
Let's take a look at our tight ends.

Tight Ends

George Kittle - George Kittle is the most complete tight end in the league. While not as prolific a receiving tight end as Travis Kelce. Kelce is not asked to block either. Kittle is an elite run blocker and solid pass blocker. With changes in QB Kittle exploded with an 11 TD season. With Purdy being the presumed starter he should have a 1000 yard 10 TD season health permitting. Which is a niggling concern as his violent playstyle tends to be a double edged sword. Either way he is an elite player at the position and should be for the next few seasons.

Performance: A
Potential: B+
Overall: A

Ross Dwelley - Ross Dwelley was an UDFA back in 2018 but consistent hard work over the years has made him a solid 2nd tight end. While he won't wow you with his athleticism his 6'5 frame can catch passes and he is a competent blocker and special teams player. I expected to lose him this offseason but it is good to have a veteran who knows the system and can be a relief player or spot starter if it should call for it.

Performance: C+
Potential: C
Overall: C+

Charlie Woerner - As a former 6th round pick. Woerner was supposed to be a blocking TE who could catch passes if needed. He also contributes on special teams but he has never become much more than what he was as a rookie and the 49ers drafted 2 tight ends this year, which now makes Woerners spot on the team tenuous. He has the edge of experience but the upside of the rookies could be too much to keep him on the main roster.

Performance: C
Potential C
Overall: C

Cameron Latu Jr - 3rs round pick from Alabama. Latu had 750 yards and 7 TDs his final 2 years on the team. Latu is doesn't excel at any one thing but he is decent at everything. He is a decent route runner, an above average blocker and has NFL size. He does tend to drop a few more passes than I would like but he is likely going to make the 53 man roster but he won't really see the field much until 2024 where Dwelley and Woerner are UFA and fairly unlikely to return.

Performance: C-
Potential: C+
Overall: C

Brayden Willis - 2023 7th round pick. I think this is a very interesting pick. While he doesn't have the pedigree of Cameron Latu. I think he has more athletic upside. He is more quick than fast but he shows very soft hands and can make catches in traffic. One area where he needs to improve on is in blocking where his technique is more passive than aggressive There may be a chance he could also be a potential replacement for Kyle Juszczyk as he could be a potential utility back or line up as an H-Back in certain formations

Performance: D
Potential: C+
Overall: C-

Troy Fumagalli - Practice squad/scout teams player who can contribute in an emergency.

Performance: D
Potential : D
Overall: D

Unit Analysis: As long as Kittle stays healthy he is the best overall tight end in the NFL and a key player in the offense. I think Dwelley will be the #2 this year with Woerner and Latu being 3 and 4 most likely. Brayden Willis could also be a dark horse so keep an eye on him.

Unit Grade: B+

King Kreole

natural blondie like goku
Daps
I still don't understand why people want Trey running Brock's playbook. Buddy is 6'4" 225lbs and ran for over 1K yards his only full season but we want him exclusively throwing 5 yard slants from the pocket? :martin:

None of the other good QBs with Trey's profile run an offense like Shanny put in for Brock. Brock is QB1 because he's maximizing his abilities with this offense and making it hum. Trey would be a big bust if he has the same limitations as 7th round Brock.

Status
Not open for further replies.