Toy R Us Releases Commercial Fully Done in AI

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is false as the stereotypically ignorant racists portrayed are normally the 'White' characters....a reflection on how he views them, not how he views Black people. What you stated says more about you than him.

No, it wouldn't anymore than textually accurate adaptations from Clive Barker, Piers Anthony, Robert Silverberg, Isaac Asimov, etc.​
:why: I gave you a quote from King himself that told you what the deal was. I sent you a video that gave detailed descriptions of how his black people are portrayed in his books. The question if King is racist pops up every so often on the Stephen King subreddit and you sound like the cacs that try to dismiss it

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
:why: I gave you a quote from King himself that told you what the deal was. I sent you a video that gave detailed descriptions of how his black people are portrayed in his books. The question if King is racist pops up every so often on the Stephen King subreddit and you sound like the cacs that try to dismiss it
I don't dismiss anything he said. I'm dismissing your opinion as it isn't warranted based on reading his works (including the Bachman novels). He paints 'White' people in a negative light almost exclusively which wouldn't be the case if he held animosity towards Black people. Instead, the antagonists, the monsters, the most 'evil'/ignorant people in his works are 'White'.

It sounds like you're having the same issue with his depictions that critics of All in the Family had.

Word to Mike Hanlon.

Last edited:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Not gon lie some of of yall sound :flabbynsick: when talking AI

Bc in this case, the shyt don’t even look real. They look like Sid from Toy Story :heh:

So this ain’t even a case of ‘omg that’s not real?!? We are doomed’. It looks like a garden variety semi-realistic but clearly animated commercial that we’ve seen done for over a decade

The speed of technological evolution nowadays is advancing far beyond what anyone could have imagined.

that's ALL that people are talking about in corporate circles nowadays. The shyt is sickening and goofy to me. Everything revolves around AI because it's just some cute buzzword to many in order to make even more money. But many of these same individuals at the top pushing it are doing it for their own selfish greedy appetites and those in that .01% even richer than them. The goofys following them really think they are safe too. :mjlol:

Mufukkaz creating the demise of their own industry for greed. And too dumb to see it.

Better pick up trades brehs.

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
We are maybe 20 years away from movies being done completely in AI. No need for actors or insanely high budgets.

You more optimistic than me, I can see a fully AI generated movie being made in 10 years tops. Sooner for TV shows. That's why you got some people licensing out their likeness and image.

People have no idea the shyt that is being done behind the scenes with AI. Just think of how far it has advanced in the last 2 years. That time is going to speed up, not slow down.

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
I live off of video production and I'm not the least bit worried about AI because of this.
People are still going to want to see and hear themselves in their own videos.
AI has it's place and I welcome it.
In a lot of cases it's saved projects for me by being a useful tool for certain b roll.
I had a client that wanted to have a scene where a soldier would step into a digital world and put on a vr headset.
I went straight to AI to get that clip made and shot the rest of the interview.
You see how crazy that video looks? Imagine yourself putting that exact same video together for a client. Man they’d roast tf out of you :russ: We have to sit back and accept AI giving folks multiple arms and toes and giving us videos that freeze every couple seconds… Folk ain’t accepting half ass work from you though.. shyt is funny to me. AI is a good tool to have in the toolbox. Treat it as such

Vandelay

Waxing Intellectual
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
Some of y'all are shortsighted. It's really kinda sad really. Even if this technology only progresses at the rate of let's say..........video games. Look how much VIDEO GAMES have evolved in 20 years.

This is going to upend society whether or NOT we even adopt this technology. We either:
  1. Adopt it and there's mass unemployment, UBI is implemented, and then we become a Neo-fuedalist oligarchal society where the likes Elon and Zuck are dictating how society evolves.
  2. Or, we reject it and resist it and ultimately our society collapses because the institutions no longer progress because we've gone into technological gridlock.
  3. Or...we enter "the Moloch Trap". Basically foreign or even domestic actors develop the technology to supercede us. And collapse our society as a result.
Either way, I think we're most likely fukked and will probably regress socially. Societies either progress or regress...they don't stay static. That's not our nature.

Like do y'all realize, we can't even agree what A.I. is right now...

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Some of y'all are shortsighted. It's really kinda sad really. Even if this technology only progresses at the rate of let's say..........video games. Look how much VIDEO GAMES have evolved in 20 years.

This is going to upend society whether or NOT we even adopt this technology. We either:
  1. Adopt it and there's mass unemployment, UBI is implemented, and then we become a Neo-fuedalist oligarchal society where the likes Elon and Zuck are dictating how society evolves.
  2. Or, we reject it and resist it and ultimately our society collapses because the institutions no longer progress because we've gone into technological gridlock.
  3. Or...we enter "the Moloch Trap". Basically foreign or even domestic actors develop the technology to supercede us. And collapse our society as a result.
Either way, I think we're most likely fukked and will probably regress socially. Societies either progress or regress...they don't stay static. That's not our nature.

Like do y'all realize, we can't even agree what A.I. is right now...
You see it

So many are distracted by social media and becoming lazy due to convenience that it's scary.

Vandelay

Waxing Intellectual
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
You see it

So many are distracted by social media and becoming lazy due to convenience that it's scary.
When technology previously usurped industry, it took decades to adopt, and over that time new jobs appeared. And the new technology only usually replaced one thing. This is coming for EVERYTHING...and it's being adopted FASTER than anything we've seen before.

This technology is unprecedented, but our responses to wholesale societal changes are not.

We've fallen into dark ages before, and while I don't think we'll resemble 5th century Gaul, we can regress to a pre-industrial period where people start living off the land and start becoming way more tribal versus national/global.

I know some people clamor for that, but I also don't think people know exactly what they're asking for either. That comes with shorter life expectancy, more war, less science, more disease, etc.

It's wild because I think we could be on the verge of infinity if the right actors were in charge of it, but our societal motivation changed around the 70s and 80s and all we care about is fast money. Hence why this technology is being created without regard to society; "move fast and break shyt" is a mantra from silicon valley that everyone adopted disqustingly.

We need guardrails. We need to stop doing things out of pure profit.

I'll say it now, UBI is NOT the Deus Ex Machina people think it is.

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't dismiss anything he said. I'm dismissing your opinion as it isn't warranted based on reading his works (including the Bachman novels). He paints 'White' people in a negative light almost exclusively which wouldn't be the case if he held animosity towards Black people. Instead, the antagonists, the monsters, the most 'evil'/ignorant people in his works are 'White'.

It sounds like you're having the same issue with his depictions that critics of All in the Family had.

Word to Mike Hanlon.

And it doesn't matter because the protagonists are white also. White characters are allowed to be three dimensional characters. All in the Family had three dimensional for black and white characters. Archie Bunker was put in his place a number of times.

Richie makes plenty of racist jokes some at the expense of Mike Hanlon even as an adult

Last edited: