"Toronto slang is ignorant"-Drake

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
ojTDHgN.png

Why is nobody going after the designer who decided this clothing line was a good idea in the first place?

JoelB

All Praise To TMH
Daps
Reppin
PHI 2 ATL
Drake is invincible to his fans.

The Blackface picture didn't turn them off, this won't.

It's like when nikkas tried to cancel Wayne when he was kissing on Birdman...that nikka doubled down and said "Damn right I kiss my daddy".

Fans said :hubie: and swept it under the rug.

YMCMBOVO is teflon :manny:

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yet this nikka been talking like that. Looks like he’s digressing as he gets older.

GrindtooFilthy

World Class SuperVillain
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA, CT, NH
Stop posting crap - no slang in London is based off Somalia. What Somalis say amongst themselves has no bearing on the rest of London.
You don’t hear the sudden influx of Arabic/Muslim words. Dunya? Habibi? Sharmuta? Shaytan? Pagan? Inshallah? Mushallah? Wallahi? Abdi? And this just the ones I can think of off rip. I be hearing some crazier shyt

Them Somalis brought that over

:childplease: Maybe not Somali but whatever African Muslim ethnic group in London brought this about

Budda

Superstar
Daps
I'll try to better illustrate it with a question:

Would you be surprised to learn that Keanu Reeves isn't the character he played in the Matrix in real life?

No what’s your point though breh :russ:

Bonk

God’s Son
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
In Da 15th
You don’t hear the sudden influx of Arabic/Muslim words. Dunya? Habibi? Sharmuta? Shaytan? Pagan? Inshallah? Mushallah? Wallahi? Abdi? And this just the ones I can think of off rip. I be hearing some crazier shyt

Them Somalis brought that over

No, Somalis didn’t bring any of it over. Those are Arabic words.

Those words came from the rise of Muslims amongst roadman especially from jail & Muslim Boys gang in Brixton. And no member of the defunct Muslim Boys Gang was Somali - they were mostly Caribbeans & West Africans.

The only common words out of what you listed that people say are ‘pagan’ & ‘dunya’ (pagan is from Rasta). And ‘Abdi’ is a Somali name hence people refer to all Somalis as Abdi.

Another word that came from the Muslim Boys is ‘Akhi/Alh’. None of these have zilch to do with Somalis. Somalis don’t have that type of pull to influence anything culturally in London.

GrindtooFilthy

World Class SuperVillain
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA, CT, NH
No, Somalis didn’t bring any of it over. Those are Arabic words.

Those words came from the rise of Muslims amongst roadman especially from jail & Muslim Boys gang in Brixton. And no member of the defunct Muslim Boys Gang was Somali - they were mostly Caribbeans & West Africans.

The only common words out of what you listed that people say are ‘pagan’ & ‘dunya’ (pagan is from Rasta). And ‘Abdi’ is a Somali name hence people refer to all Somalis as Abdi.

Another word that came from the Muslim Boys is ‘Akhi/Alh’. None of these have zilch to do with Somalis. Somalis don’t have that type of pull to influence anything culturally in London.
I’m not saying you’re wrong I’m just saying it wasn’t out there in full force until for whatever reason I just assumed the rise of them lead to that being bolstered

Bonk

God’s Son
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
In Da 15th
:childplease: Maybe not Somali but whatever African Muslim ethnic group in London brought this about

No, Muslim Boys Gang (Stinx & dem man & a lot of roadman man converting to Islam in jail were the ones saying those Arabic words in rap. And cos they’re rappers - it caught on.

Nigerian/Ghanaian slangs/words are more influential in London slangs than anything Somali. Somalis don’t have that type of cultural clout in London.